AC quit on 2017 F150.

refer to Owners Manual, can view online, may need to create a Ford Pass or Owner account. Process is to work with Dealer, elevate to Service Manager if no case # then call 800# listed in Manual have VIN, Owner info, Dealer info, invoice. Then request a review and use polite , direct language ending with you would appreciate goodwill. Be persistent and you should get consideration, Dealer's hands are tied until Corporate releases $$. You can also get it fixed and follow same process to keep peace with fiancé .

Here are a couple of not so great pictures of the end of the compressor. I had a hard time getting my phone in place, hold a light, and press the button to take the picture.
plumKVel.jpg

LRusUvwl.jpg

My fiancé is deciding which dealer she wants to fix the truck, the out of town one where she bought the truck or the local one in the town we live in. Then she will deal with the goodwill situation since at this point, a dealer has not looked at the truck. Thanks again for all of the replies.

I looked up your compressor and the clutch/pulley assembly is identical to my a/c clutch. It sounds as if your clutch assembly and pulley face burned up. If the bearing were bad the belt would have broke leaving you stranded.
These parts are easy to replace. If you do the work yourself just make sure your air gap is correct.
I'm just using AAP as a reference to look at.
think the compressor seized leading to the clutch slipping

Update. Truck is fixed. The dealer said the clutch failed which I already knew. The compressor was not locked up and they could not tell why the clutch failed. Cost was right at $1,100. 2 year/unlimited miles warranty.

Back