AC Delco Poor Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by labman:

quote:

Originally posted by MC5W20:
I would say the worst thing about them is that they are not made by ACdelco ( delphi ) anymore. It appears from what I have been reading is that champ makes them. So why not go with a supertech filter instead, made by the same company in the same factory. snip....

Do you know for a fact Delphi are no longer suppling any AC filters? SNIP

No, I don't know for a fact. My statement is based from information on a tv interview with a UAW leader. The interview was a few months after Delphi filed for bankruptcy. The leader was telling of all the business's that had slowly went away before the bankruptcy filling. Of those he mentioned were - spark plugs, oil filter, seats, power steering, etc..... So, I guess its possible they still make there own filters if they had more than one facility they made them at.

Delco, Delphi? Didn't all the filter business go to Delphi when GM spun them off several years ago? Is Delphi still building filters in Mexico or elsewhere? At least Champ in now all American made.

Back when K-Mart, Parts America, or Wal-Mart had Delcos I needed, I know some of them were made in England.

Delphi is the corporate division....which sold AC Delco branded filters.

They closed the plant in Michigan...

CodeJockey
Member # 12101

posted 29 August, 2006 02:17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had to bring my AC Delco PF13 back to AA the other day. Made the mistake of not examining it in the store. It was an ecore and I am still not sold on that design. Went with a NAPA Gold.

Sorry Delco... I had been loyal and faithfull for may years but you let me down
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 23 | From: Goldsboro, North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2006 | IP: Logged |

What are you worried about?

Can't say for sure why dave1251. They may be an "ok" design. The ecore looks like it should have good flow characteristics.

The PF13 was for a deisel tractor application and I want a heavy duty filter with a spiral core. Perhaps I will try an ecore on my car.

Well I went ahead and cut open my first filter today; an AC Delco PF47. My first impressions were of it being a very high quality simple design. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

Clyde -

quote:

Originally posted by Clyde65:
Well I went ahead and cut open my first filter today; an AC Delco PF47. My first impressions were of it being a very high quality simple design. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

Clyde -

Was this an ecore?

quote:

Originally posted by MC5W20:
Was this an ecore?

spaz.gif

I use the AC Delco Ultragard Gold filters on my 300M. Got a stash of them in April of 06 in Norwalk, OH. Paid $45 for 6 filters. These are the UPF2's.
These are **** good filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back