AC Delco Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these any good? Walmart has no selection at all! AC Delco, Orange can of death, and Motorcraft. The Motorcraft filters are great but this car is not a Ford.

So are AC Delco oil filters good for a 5K OCI?

Originally Posted By: dsmith41
The Motorcraft filters are great but this car is not a Ford.

So? ... that shouldn't stop you from using a Motorcraft if you can find one for your "non-Ford" application. I've used them on other cars besides Fords.
wink.gif

I would use them even though its not a Ford but I never can find anywhere that carries the proper filter part number. Its an 01 Impala and I found the part number it takes somewhere but it is a weird one. I forget what it is.

nowadays the ac delcos are identical to the super techs. they're both e-cores. both great filters. i'd buy a super tech, i cant see a point in spending more then a dollar extra just for blue paint

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jakegday
nowadays the ac delcos are identical to the super techs. they're both e-cores. both great filters. i'd buy a super tech, i cant see a point in spending more then a dollar extra just for blue paint

The AcDelco has different media to GM's specs.

Originally Posted By: defektes
Originally Posted By: Jakegday

The AcDelco has different media to GM's specs.

I agree it would be nice to know for for sure.

I haven't found a PF1177 in years, but when I could, they usually had half again more media than similar priced filters and ST.

Quality of the media seems to be hard to find good info on. Could Fram have been using such a fantastic media that it didn't matter they had 1/3 that of AC?

Somewhere here recently an Email was posted from Champion Labs indicating that the AC used media as spec'd but was the same in every other way to the Champ, ST, STP.

I went ahead and emailed champ about the media in the acdelco and st filter again. This time I asked for any and all info they could give me on both filters. Numbers, technical stuff etc. I will (if I get any info,) forward it here so that you more filter savvy people can translate it
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: defektes
I went ahead and emailed champ about the media in the acdelco and st filter again. This time I asked for any and all info they could give me on both filters. Numbers, technical stuff etc. I will (if I get any info,) forward it here so that you more filter savvy people can translate it
blush.gif

Cool....

Originally Posted By: dsmith41
Are these any good? Walmart has no selection at all! AC Delco, Orange can of death, and Motorcraft. The Motorcraft filters are great but this car is not a Ford.

So are AC Delco oil filters good for a 5K OCI?

Going back to the original question.

Yes. A traditional AC Delco filter is good for 5k. So is a Motorcraft filter, so is a Mopar filter.

Any filter offered by a manufacturer is good enough in normal service. There are also better filters out there, and there are worse filters out there.

I use traditional AC Delco filters, and I don't worry one bit.

Originally Posted By: EagleFTE
Somewhere here recently an Email was posted from Champion Labs indicating that the AC used media as spec'd but was the same in every other way to the Champ, ST, STP.

Yes. I remember that.
Someone here contacted them and they said the ecores now all use the same recently improved media for 96% single pass efficiency at 20 microns. That would include the Delcos.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Originally Posted By: EagleFTE

Yes. I remember that.
Someone here contacted them and they said the ecores now all use the same recently improved media for 96% single pass efficiency at 20 microns. That would include the Delcos.

sooo ac delco=super tech then??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back