AC Delco E-Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone's opinion on the E-core filter from AC Delco? I try to stay true to the brand but they seem maybe on the cheap side. People who use the OLM system, can't really see going all those miles on that filter. What you guys got? Happy Thanksgiving in advance 🦃

I have used many e core oil filters including AC delco, and all were fine, but I never ran one for more than approx 5K miles

MIL's 2012 Acadia has run 2 of them the past two oil changes , using the OLM.
No issues using the PF63E

I've run the PF-48E on my Camaro SS and did many runs on the 1/4 strip over a 6 month OCI with that filter on. My car didn't blow up. If GM is confident enough to spec it for a Corvette under warranty, I'm completely comfortable using it.

Originally Posted By: AIRJAC3
I've run the PF-48E on my Camaro SS and did many runs on the 1/4 strip over a 6 month OCI with that filter on. My car didn't blow up. If GM is confident enough to spec it for a Corvette under warranty, I'm completely comfortable using it.

Amen.

I personally think they look cheap but GM seems to like them..I know a gm top tech that uses them on his own vehicles because he says they are good filters and if you think about it GM has lots of engine warranties riding on them so they must be good. I personally prefer the Ultra but may consider the 61E for my 95 Cadillac Seville northstar because i can't seem to find the full size ultra anywhere only the short one.

I've run them for full OLM cycles on my 2010 Impala for the last 3 oil changes (20K miles or so), so far so good.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I personally think they look cheap but GM seems to like them..I know a gm top tech that uses them on his own vehicles because he says they are good filters and if you think about it GM has lots of engine warranties riding on them so they must be good. I personally prefer the Ultra but may consider the 61E for my 95 Cadillac Seville northstar because i can't seem to find the full size ultra anywhere only the short one.
G.M. likes cheap.

Ecores seemingly have come a long way and I haven't seen any new issues with one posted in quite a while, I have however seen a good number that looked great. Just cut a jobber filter that was on the Mazda my son just bought, Valvoline brand, to my surprise it was an ecore and it looked fantastic and had lots of pleats, 63 IIRC. No flattening, no gaps, nothing.

The new ACDelco ecores have a real bypass valve when spec'd by GM and have much smaller windows in the center cage than the older ones did (the post with the hole in it is from 2010. Any GM application that requires a filter based bypass will have a real one, not the combo valve bypass. I use them in my Silverado with no problem. I would not do a substitution of a PF48E with a PF63E unless spec'd by GM as the bypass valves have different operating pressures (as is evidenced by there different colors). Use the one spec'd for your GM vehicle and you should be fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back