A medical supply company lied to me about product being shipped, just to try to hold onto my account.

I have been using a medical supply company for about a year for them to ship products to the house every month for someone. Two months ago they were having a problem getting supplies, but the person I spoke to told me the truth and after some time the items came in and were shipped to me.

This month he is not there, and instead I spoke to a young woman who said the products were not in stock. So I contacted the manufacturer and they told me of a company that had the items. I contacted insurance and they are in the system so everything would be good. Was about to get the doctors office to do the perscription paperwork and the first company phoned and said product is being shipped. Normaly medical supplies ship fast. It was Friday so I figured maybe it would arive Saturday, or Monday at the latest.

I got real busy the next week and the product never showed up. On the weekend I realized that the product had never showed up, and my reserve of the product was getting a little low. I phoned the first company first thing Monday and was told the product was out of stock and they were havinng the product dropped shipped today by another company.

I told her "I do not believe you. Your company lied to me once and I cannot believe what you say." She said hold on while I check. After a while of holding she tells me the product is in the warehouse and will be shipped today. I again tell her I do not believe her, and now she has told me two different stories, and that I am going with another company from now on. She says let me have my superviser phone you.

I called the other company and confermined they still have plenty of the product. Then I phoned the doctors office to have the perscription sent.

Someone from the first company then phoned me and said she was the superviser and the product is on the truck to me. I told her I will not deal with your company because someone from your company lied to me.

I checked with the insurance and the first company never billed for shipping. Also, the product from the first company never arrived.

Second company sent "samples" untill additional insurance paperwork they had to fax to the doctors office goes through.

So basicly, the first company is having supply problems, and trying to hold onto customers by stringing them along with lies. And it looks like the people working there are each working from home and can't even keep there stories straight.

‐-------------------------

It's one thing to have supply problems, but it is a totally different thing to lie about items being shipped, and even worse when it is a medical item that someone needs.

If they had not lied, I could of gone with the new to me company a week earlier, and had the product earlier. And I would have kept the first company on my list of posible suppliers. But now they are dead to me.

Last edited:
I don’t doubt that this company is doing this. Then there is USPS. They are the sorriest delivery company in the country. It’s particularly annoying that some companies are still using “supply chain issues” to cover for their own shortcomings.

You voted with your wallet. Good for you. The aggravation is not needed, but unfortunately this type of stuff seems more prevalent in today's circumstances. My wife gets monthly medical supplies through the mail and it has been a nightmare roller coaster. We have changed suppliers numerous times over the past decade.

We feel your pain and wish you a better outcome this time around.

This is inexcusable and with drop shipping it seems like "shipped" just means "queued to be shipped by a 3rd party", ie "out of my company's hands." The company you've been buying from probably gives their operators a convincing interface so they will read to you in good faith that an item appears to have been shipped.

There are some items like diabetic test strips that these companies love having "maintenance prescriptions" and they do indeed hate losing you as a profitable customer. *** those guys.

I don’t doubt that this company is doing this. Then there is USPS. They are the sorriest delivery company in the country. It’s particularly annoying that some companies are still using “supply chain issues” to cover for their own shortcomings.
Don't get me started on USPS. We always had regular mail in the box at the house at 0900am by a walking postal carrier. You could see the same exact thing all across town. Carrier pulled up to center location of their route. Carrier gets out and walks three of four streets putting mail in boxes.
Now I am willing to bet - 90% know where this is going.
The new - USPS home mail delivery we are experiencing since many of our local carriers retired. No mail at all for 3-4 days?! Then I started wondering and watching. All of a sudden at about 0600pm the box was full up of what looked like several days. This really made me watch.
To my surprise, there comes a USPS truck like I always saw. One exception. A person driving it and stopping at each house instead of walking the mail and this new person is not even in a USPS uniform. The thing is, driving the truck from house to house and still we have to wait 3-4 days to get mail deliveries. It is not even worth looking into. I have to accept it is the new normal just like other companies. Ugh.

I have been using a medical supply company for about a year for them to ship products to the house every month for someone. Two months ago they were having a problem getting supplies, but the person I spoke to told me the truth and after some time the items came in and were shipped to me.

This month he is not there, and instead I spoke to a young woman who said the products were not in stock. So I contacted the manufacturer and they told me of a company that had the items. I contacted insurance and they are in the system so everything would be good. Was about to get the doctors office to do the perscription paperwork and the first company phoned and said product is being shipped. Normaly medical supplies ship fast. It was Friday so I figured maybe it would arive Saturday, or Monday at the latest.

I got real busy the next week and the product never showed up. On the weekend I realized that the product had never showed up, and my reserve of the product was getting a little low. I phoned the first company first thing Monday and was told the product was out of stock and they were havinng the product dropped shipped today by another company.

I told her "I do not believe you. Your company lied to me once and I cannot believe what you say." She said hold on while I check. After a while of holding she tells me the product is in the warehouse and will be shipped today. I again tell her I do not believe her, and now she has told me two different stories, and that I am going with another company from now on. She says let me have my superviser phone you.

I called the other company and confermined they still have plenty of the product. Then I phoned the doctors office to have the perscription sent.

Someone from the first company then phoned me and said she was the superviser and the product is on the truck to me. I told her I will not deal with your company because someone from your company lied to me.

I checked with the insurance and the first company never billed for shipping. Also, the product from the first company never arrived.

Second company sent "samples" untill additional insurance paperwork they had to fax to the doctors office goes through.

So basicly, the first company is having supply problems, and trying to hold onto customers by stringing them along with lies. And it looks like the people working there are each working from home and can't even keep there stories straight.

‐-------------------------

It's one thing to have supply problems, but it is a totally different thing to lie about items being shipped, and even worse when it is a medical item that someone needs.

If they had not lied, I could of gone with the new to me company a week earlier, and had the product earlier. And I would have kept the first company on my list of posible suppliers. But now they are dead to me.
Just last week experienced almost the same exact thing you did. I talked to 2 different folks 4 times and was lied to all 4 times before I caught on.
It took me from Monday until Saturday of phone calls and two companies to fill medicines. Finally found a trustworthy one. They promised Saturday noon and it was in my hands Saturday 11:00am. What a week dealing with it all - Doctor office / drug company / insurance company / Doctor office again / new drug company

Yep I had a similar issue with a CPAP company that just wanted to put me on auto ship and replace supplies at their whim. Until I got the first 500 dollar bill.

Had to reign them in and no auto shipping, and no calling me to order. I will call you directly when I want to order, and will verify cost.

This same behavior is regular practice for a company named after a large river in Brazil.
In this world today, "large river in Brazil" seems the safe way to get your point across. Read numerous times in the last year of people being attacked and sued or harassed to no end for placing bad or poor reviews for various companies n things across the net. Especially medical related.
SAD.

You caught them, and the only thing you can do is keep your business away from them.. I take a few non popular scripts, and most times CVS has to order them.
I caught them lying about an order / medication shortage at a location, telling me they ordered it, but there is a national shortage of the medication.
I got pretty pissed because it was going on two days without the med, and you can't do that with medication, it can cause some serious issues.
Called the other CVS located on the other side of town. They had the script on file, and said they'd order it and it'll be in tomorrow. I asked about the national shortage and she told me there was no such thing. She even gave me a partial fill so I wasn't without.
Next day they called, script was on delivery.
I will never go to that location again.

You caught them, and the only thing you can do is keep your business away from them.. I take a few non popular scripts, and most times CVS has to order them.
I caught them lying about an order / medication shortage at a location, telling me they ordered it, but there is a national shortage of the medication.
I got pretty pissed because it was going on two days without the med, and you can't do that with medication, it can cause some serious issues.
Called the other CVS located on the other side of town. They had the script on file, and said they'd order it and it'll be in tomorrow. I asked about the national shortage and she told me there was no such thing. She even gave me a partial fill so I wasn't without.
Next day they called, script was on delivery.
I will never go to that location again.
Almost have the same exact story. Plus it involves (2) CVS stores less than 10 miles apart. The one near me lies all the time forcing me to now use and Indi Pharmacy. Turned out for the better.

Yea, the only reason why I stick with CVS is that there are no other games in town.. There's a walgreens but from what I've been told they are exponentially worse.. Big corps big problems

Back