A different Type of Oil Recommendation - Rotary Vane Vacuum Pumps

My Food Chamber Sealer (bag vac) has a 1/2 rotary vane pump.
Takes about 9 oz or so - this is the lube the manuf. includes with it.

For the regular BiToger's out there, just curious if you know of anything else that is comparable.
A qt of this is about $20 before shipping

Last edited:

For the regular BiToger's out there, just curious if you know of anything else that is comparable.
When I was milking cows we had a rotary vane 5 hp vacuum pump on the milking set up. Used to buy vacuum pump oil at the local farm supply store, I think it was DeLaval branded.

Lubriplate makes good products.

Ive picked up lubricants from Lubriplate in Newark, NJ - may be an option... if passing nearby for some reason... Thought you were in Bergen County?

NAPA sells several brands of relatively inexpensive vacuum pump oil, although the last time I bought "genuine" Welch pump oil online.

The Lubriplate or generic vacuum pump oil will work just fine. Depending on the model of vacuum, pump you may have a 'gas ballast' valve. That will allow a little bit of air to leak in and reduce the ultimate pressure you can reach (not that important for food bagging) bt the gas ballast will slow down the condensation in the oil and permit extended change intervals.

McMaster has food grade pump oil that you might look into. You always get back streaming with rotary vane pumps but that can be trapped.

BSW

Back