A bunch of whiners

Between FB and various vehicle forums it seems like the level of incessant whining is at an all time high. Just in the last five mins I’ve read - My engine with 200k miles makes noise at start up but runs fine...there’s a huge corporate conspiracy to not fix it...boohoo. My vehicle feels a little rough at 1500rpm but otherwise runs great but people actually ask me what’s wrong with it and I’m embarrassed...I don’t know want the car anymore...boohoo. There’s a small paint chip on the front of my vehicle with 25k miles so clearly quality is crap now and I don’t want my car anymore. I tow near my tow limit nearly everyday and my 13 year old truck with 289k miles needs a new transmission - I’m buying a GM and will never, ever, ever, buy from this manufacturer again.

A lot of people have real actual problems...these vehicles are not designed to be nor made perfectly. If you think every vehicle should run +300k miles problem-free...GET A GRIP!

1619348028313.jpg

Between FB and various vehicle forums it seems like the level of incessant whining is at an all time high. Just in the last five mins I’ve read - My engine with 200k miles makes noise at start up but runs fine...there’s a huge corporate conspiracy to not fix it...boohoo. My vehicle feels a little rough at 1500rpm but otherwise runs great but people actually ask me what’s wrong with it and I’m embarrassed...I don’t know want the car anymore...boohoo. There’s a small paint chip on the front of my vehicle with 25k miles so clearly quality is crap now and I don’t want my car anymore. I tow near my tow limit nearly everyday and my 13 year old truck with 289k miles needs a new transmission - I’m buying a GM and will never, ever, ever, buy from this manufacturer again.

A lot of people have real actual problems...these vehicles are not designed to be nor made perfectly. If you think every vehicle should run +300k miles problem-free...GET A GRIP!
I am with you. Like someone wondering how he is going to cope with using a quart of oil in 1000 miles on a $600 car he purchased. I think some just want attention.

You should see the fights that break out on the friggin Dodge Durango pages. We have people who think their 20 year old vehicles are the epitome of automotive manufacturing and nothing else will EVER come close to what they paid $800 for, people saying you have to run premium gas and then fighting with people who say “Owners manual says this”, and my personal favorite “well we sold our Durango and bought a different brand” followed by immediate frothing at the mouth from brand loyalists.

My personal thing to complain about: Destroyer Gray and all the other colors that are similar to it, seeing as even Toyota (though their’s is the least awful) jumped on this awful trend.... looks like wet concrete/clear coated primer

I don’t know? When you buy a $50,000 truck and the transmission grenades at 60,000 miles from just commuting to work going up and down the highway at 70 mph, I think people have a right to “whine”. As for the whining going on at over 200,000 miles of abuse? Ok, but I don’t see a lot of that - it’s more the...I paid $35,000 for this Honda and it’s using 3 quarts of oil between oil changes and they’re telling me it’s normal. I only have 40,000 miles on the car. And I get random misfires, which they can’t figure out, and the car stutters at certain times of the day. My $450 dollar a month car payment arrives consistently every month, yet my car can’t consistently perform? That’s when I’m 100% behind the people that whine.

These people 'whining' dont remember their parents and grandparents struggle.

As a child i remember 100,000 miles on a vehicle meant that it was 'worn out'.

Bias ply tires meant that you carried a jack and a full sized spare.

I think every car from the 70s and 80s rusted.

Every car my parents and grandparents drove needed mufflers or exhaust work. I think everything was stamped steel.

Carburetors were cool. Nothing like flooding a car out while getting groceries. Let me hold the choke while you crank.

Try driving for 5 years with AM radio and no A/C.

Every headliner fell down at some point.

15mpg was good.

You always saw someone needing their car 'jumped' with jumper cables.

I think my dad had to do a tuneup every year or so.. just to drive to work and back.

A good tuneup was spark plugs, wires, cap and button, fuel filter and timing light.

Dad and grandpa greased the front end and u joints once a year.

Adjusting drum brakes was an art.

3000 mile oil changes.. still meant you had sludge under the valve covers.

Yeah people didnt whine back then... And none of these whiners would drive their parents or grandparents vehicles today.

Much respect for our elders.

Being a "victim" is integral to the "new world order." Must focus that blame, in this instance a 15 year old 200k mile engine that has noise at start up. **** car manufacturer did this to me with malicious intent. Must be doxed and canceled!

I don’t know? When you buy a $50,000 truck and the transmission grenades at 60,000 miles from just commuting to work going up and down the highway at 70 mph, I think people have a right to “whine”. As for the whining going on at over 200,000 miles of abuse? Ok, but I don’t see a lot of that - it’s more the...I paid $35,000 for this Honda and it’s using 3 quarts of oil between oil changes and they’re telling me it’s normal. I only have 40,000 miles on the car. And I get random misfires, which they can’t figure out, and the car stutters at certain times of the day. My $450 dollar a month car payment arrives consistently every month, yet my car can’t consistently perform? That’s when I’m 100% behind the people that whine.
There are reasonable gripes and then there are ridiculous gripes.

These people 'whining' dont remember their parents and grandparents struggle.

As a child i remember 100,000 miles on a vehicle meant that it was 'worn out'.
When my mom was in college (19 year old daddy's girl) she had a Renault Dauphine. It would boil dry on a particular mountain pass in Vermont. She'd pull over and add water. Her parents and everyone treated it as normal... because it was!

It wasn't until the late 1980s when cars stopped being such utter rubbish.

LOL.....Thank you for the humor. Yes Tune Ups, Radiator Flushes, Oil Change and Engine Flushes, oh and who can forget valve jobs!

Back