A Big Thank You to all BITOG

Hi,

I always liked cars and more generally anything with IC engines.

Fast forward now, when I look behind me, I'd like to thanks the BITOG community for helping me to go through my automotive repairs, as well as learning a LOT of things related or unrelated here. Life advices included.

Last but not least, I won't forget founders and staff who makes this adventure possible: you did an amazing job over the years and the recent migration to Xenforo and its additions is a real improvement to me.

Thanks again,

Let's keep rolling
-Flan

Are any of the original founders still here?

How did everyone find BITOG? I found it way back on 3si.org where someone had linked BITOG on one of their oil posts.

I found it mentioned on snowblowerforum.com

I love this site for its diversity, friendliness, and knowledge. I'm amazed at the accurate knowledge answering questions. There is always at least one person who is an expert if not several with the right answer, then others who share their experiences and knowledge adding tremendous value.

I'm on DIYChatroom, not friendly, some are downright nasty calling names.

Hi,

Fast forward now, when I look behind me, I'd like to thanks the BITOG community for helping me to go through my automotive repairs, as well as learning a LOT of things related or unrelated here. Life advices included.

Last but not least, I won't forget founders and staff who makes this adventure possible: you did an amazing job over the years and the recent migration to Xenforo and its additions is a real improvement to me.

+1

I found numerous mentions re: BITOG in 2002 on the Saab forum “saabnet.com”

And I just noticed the new BITOG format does not show the date a member joined.
Longevity counts more for me than “who has the most posts.”

Found it mentioned on another forum I'm on at least 10 years ago if not more. Only made an account in the last couple years though. If I had a question about a certain oil or filter (even the more obscure Canadian brands), I'd always find the answer here after a google search.

+1 This site is awesome. Other forums I’ve been on, the IQ in the room just seems a little low. Not that I require being around geniuses, people post based on their feelings rather than data driven facts.
How did everyone find BITOG?
7-1/2 years ago I had a 96’ Chevy pickup and wanted to find the best oil for it.

Still haven’t found the best oil :ROFLMAO: so I stay out of the oil forums.

I found it when I started thinking about what oil was best in my cars, and I realized that my mechanic didn't want to spend 30 mins over the phone explaining things to me. I started searching and found an entire forum dedicated to the subject.

There is a GREAT way to say thank you to all the folks who make this site what it is. See the red arrow on the screenshot here:

TY.png

I found BITOG after I bought a new 2010 Ford F-150 FX4 and googled for "best oil". I am coming up on 10 years on being here. Serious shout out to:

@wwillson, @OVERKILL, @Shannow, @dnewton3, @Jim Allen, @MolaKule, @Garak, @4WD, @BlueOvalFitter, @billt460 @bdcardinal and so many more that I have not listed for all of the help and data through the years.
😎 I really enjoy this site. Glad I can help when I can. Lots of cool people here with a wide variety of expertise to bounce ideas off of.

In '04, I was looking for a magic elixir to help my 280kmile 528e get through emissions. It didn't work. but a new O2 sensor did.. I was fascinated by all the different oil arguments and different guys driving different cars from all over the world.. Pretty much like the E 28 forum i found in 2K only bent about oil, not the cars it went into. 😃
"Still haven’t found the best oil :ROFLMAO: so I stay out of the oil forums." Truth !, Arguing about oil is a complete waste of time! I come here to listen and learn stuff mostly kinda sorta oil based. The best oil is the oil somewhere between the cross hatches on the dip stick.. 😃

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks again,

Let's keep rolling
-Flan
Super Flan, I look forward to hearing from you. Reunion Island is a dot in the Indian Ocean, a French departmente How cool is that !

Back in 2003 I was looking around on one of my F-150 sites and there was a thread about AUTO-RX being a snake oil additive. I clicked onto it and it brought me here. AUTO-RX was a huge sponsor here back then.

Back