A Better Choice Than FL820S ?

Certainly has good construction. I’ll hard to see if I can find some efficiency numbers on it
Only thing I've ever seen is the info I posted earlier. Maybe try to contact Motorcraft and see if they can give any more current info.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread, I appreciate all the info.

I ended up ordering a 10 pack of Champ XL's from rockauto. I was already ordering a trans filter, air filters, cabin filters, spark plugs, wires, etc and adding the oil filters only added a few bucks onto the shipping cost so my total cost on them is quite low.

I think these should be a good alternative to the FL820s and WIX XPs I've been using.

Thanks again everyone.

i myself would occasionally run the 820s and just get them when i needed them or I would run supertech purolator etc. because a lot of my vehicles don't get a lot of miles every year but since the MC filters took a pretty big hike in price I think i'm done with them.

I've been looking at Casite filters which are made by hastings and you can buy a 12 pack on ebay for 40 bucks.

Filters arrived from Rockauto. Steel core with louvers. They look well made to me.
image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

Anyone know how to decipher the date code? I'm guessing the 2nd or 3rd month of 2020?
image004.jpg

image005.jpg

Back