A beautiful evening in California's Central Coast Wine County

After an edge, mow, and blow. The best part is I did all the landscaping myself, literally every hole and every wheelbarrow load. It took me about 5 years to do everything. Landscaping is 19 years old now. Succulents and cacti are Sue's work.

Scott

IMG_9393.jpeg
IMG_9394.jpeg
IMG_9396.jpeg
IMG_9398.jpeg

After an edge, mow, and blow. The best part is I did all the landscaping myself, literally every hole and every wheelbarrow load. It took me about 5 years to do everything. Landscaping is 19 years old now. Succulents and cacti are Sue's work.

Scott

View attachment 225597View attachment 225598View attachment 225599View attachment 225600
Beautiful. Looks like north county?

Had a house in Morro Bay & one on Vine St. in Paso before having to relocate up north to Sacramento :cry:. Counting the days to retirement (still too far off) so I can move back to a great area again. Enjoy it down there, best area in CA.

Beautiful. Looks like north county?

Had a house in Morro Bay & one on Vine St. in Paso before having to relocate up north to Sacramento :cry:. Counting the days to retirement (still too far off) so I can move back to a great area again. Enjoy it down there, best area in CA.
Templeton on the west side, literally the last neighborhood until open space all the way to the coast. The area is designated by the county as "rural suburban". Our tract is about a dozen homes, all on one acre lots with septic systems. As "the crow flies" we're just 11 miles from the ocean, Cayucos specifically.

I agree with you about the area. Sue and I feel very, very fortunate to have ended up here. We hope we never have to leave. We've been in SLO County for 21 years now. Sue's a third generation Cali girl from the wild west of Ft. Bragg on the Mendocino Coast.

Scott

Our little town and the surrounding area.

Looking north towards Paso Robles.
Downtown Templeton.jpg

Looking northwest. The Pacific is on the other side of the mountains, the Santa Lucias. The magnificent Big Sur Coast is towards the upper right hand corner of the picture. Sue and I often drive up Hwy 1, the Pacific Coast Highway, for lunch at Nepenthe. Once in awhile we'll spend the night at Ragged Point. We want to stay at Treebones sometime this summer. Check it out.
Templeton Area.jpeg

Our "neighborhood winery", Venteux. A short walk from the house - and my way out to riding bliss when I head out on one of my bicycles, I literally ride for 3 or 4 hours in those hills and mountains, sometimes not seeing a single car for 45 minutes.
Venteux Winery.jpg

Last edited:
For those who have never seen the Big Sur, there are many who consider it one of the most beautiful places on earth. And they just may be right.
View attachment 225650
A few more. Absolutely breathtaking. Just ask @vavavroom.

The Bixby Bridge. Built in the '30s.
IMG_3225.jpeg
IMG_3224.jpeg
IMG_3218.jpeg
IMG_3217.jpeg
IMG_3215.jpeg

The E90 in Pacific Valley.
IMG_3214.jpeg

Templeton on the west side, literally the last neighborhood until open space all the way to the coast. The area is designated by the county as "rural suburban". Our tract is about a dozen homes, all on one acre lots with septic systems. As "the crow flies" we're just 11 miles from the ocean, Cayucos specifically.

I agree with you about the area. Sue and I feel very, very fortunate to have ended up here. We hope we never have to leave. We've been in SLO County for 21 years now. Sue's a third generation Cali girl from the wild west of Ft. Bragg on the Mendocino Coast.

Scott

Our little town and the surrounding area.

Looking north towards Paso Robles.
View attachment 225647

Looking northwest. The Pacific is on the other side of the mountains, the Santa Lucias. The magnificent Big Sur Coast is towards the upper right hand corner of the picture. Sue and I often drive up Hwy 1, the Pacific Coast Highway, for lunch at Nepenthe. Once in awhile we'll spend the night at Ragged Point. We want to stay at Treebones sometime this summer. Check it out.
View attachment 225648

Our "neighborhood winery", Venteux. A short walk from the house - and my way out to riding bliss when I head out on one of my bicycles, I literally ride for 3 or 4 hours in those hills and mountains, sometimes not seeing a single car for 45 minutes.
View attachment 225652
My wife’s uncle used to live near you. Had about 10acres hilltop on the far west side of Templeton. He sold that place after selling his businesses & moving to Nevada.

My family has vacationed in Ft. Bragg & Mendocino several times since moving up north, still very nice area. This weekend we’re driving further north to stay in Florence, OR.

I’m starting to ramble so I’ll just say it again, enjoy your time on the Central Coast. It was by far the nicest area I’ve ever lived.

Back