a '17 Accord CVT's issue

I got my car back, yuppie đź‘Ť
Hopeful for racking up miles ahead 🤞

IMG_2859.jpeg

IMG_3095.jpeg

i got the car back on Tuesday, so i've been doing my daily driving and there is no leak anymore

however, they broke the driver side knot assembly in the process, I think; I guess when you work around transmission and the drivers side axel, there is high chance of ruing something else, in this case the knot assembly, but what do i know🤷‍♂️. So I ended up paying for the part from O'Reilly's Auto Parts store; They said the labor cost would be voided. Of course, I was at work when they call me so i did not have many options at the moment; please, just give me my car back

all in all, the transmission saga cost me dearly but hopefully no more going back!

No, but if i stumbled on one more thing, i would get rid off it after the saga

We both hope so 🤞

one thing to look out for the code, in my case prior to the problem, MPGs were dropping down continuously; Also, my car has that driving assist features joke that tipped to the problem; however, from now on i'm keeping it OFF

We both hope so 🤞

one thing to look out for the code, in my case prior to the problem, MPGs were dropping down continuously; Also, my car has that driving assist features joke that tipped to the problem; however, from now on i'm keeping it OFF
What is the driver assist? The green Econ button?

If that is what you are referring to, yes I maybe had it in for about a month but turned it off and have had it off for several years now

What is the driver assist? The green Econ button?

If that is what you are referring to, yes I maybe had it in for about a month but turned it off and have had it off for several years now
No, driver’s assist features right there

IMG_3116.jpeg

i got the car back on Tuesday, so i've been doing my daily driving and there is no leak anymore

however, they broke the driver side knot assembly in the process, I think; I guess when you work around transmission and the drivers side axel, there is high chance of ruing something else, in this case the knot assembly, but what do i know🤷‍♂️. So I ended up paying for the part from O'Reilly's Auto Parts store; They said the labor cost would be voided. Of course, I was at work when they call me so i did not have many options at the moment; please, just give me my car back

all in all, the transmission saga cost me dearly but hopefully no more going back!

What's a knot assembly?

Meaning they tried too hard to separate the suspension parts during disassembly? Unless the car was extremely rusty, this one was their fault…
agree, but i don't know is it possible to be broken part, or how often it happens if they removed it twice, then re-installed twice the original knuckle assembly

But i tend to believe, when i returned the car back for a warranty repair, too much labor time so they up-charge me for this part; just my guess

Ok. Only thing I have is this
yeah, thats a bit different and it just adds to complexity in my case

my another CVT in 16CRV, which is more of the same unit, still solid and without driver's assist features

Stories like this, plus my parents' experience with a Ford Fusion, makes me seriously lean towards sticking to manuals or traditional autos. Good thing I like Mazdas (their autos are still traditional autos and they still offer lots of manuals). :)

Back