99 cutlass update VIDEO HELPPPP HELP HELPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows it going guys!! I replaced my ignition coils, spark plugs, spark plug wires, o2 sensor and replaced my gasket on the valve cover. I took out the altenator, idle pully and another pully as I put all back and started my carr tbis isbwhat I nowbgett.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=cjjeQdeto7M&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DcjjeQdeto7M%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner.

Im.stressing because im trying to get this p0300 code out and now im.stuck with tbis ugly sound!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Are you talking about the noise from the belt slipping? If you spilled something on the belt, you might want to clean that off.

I dont think I did and of I did would that eventually go away as I drive??

Also I managed to stay with an unused bolt that I dnt recall where it goes so im not sure of thatd the cause

It's easy enough to feel the belt and see if it feels oily or slippery at all. Water or coolant would eventually leave of its own accord but any oil or grease should be washed off.
Originally Posted By: JAM25
Also I managed to stay with an unused bolt that I dnt recall where it goes so im not sure of thatd the cause
Extra parts are good. If you collect enough of them you might be able to put another car together.

I'm actually impressed the thing isn't piston slapping.
wink.gif

Spray the belt with soapy water or brake cleaner while it's running to get any oil off of there. Beware it's gonna splatter.

keep revving it and you will have Gappas De Bearing .... check the water pump and see if it is leaking changing a water pump on that engine is easier than changing a tire on some!

Originally Posted By: JAM25
I dont think I did and of I did would that eventually go away as I drive??

Not necessarily. I changed the hoses and thermostat on a pickup a couple years ago and managed to spill some coolant on the serpentine belt. After a couple hundred miles of squealing belt (it sounded exactly like yours) I put a new belt on it. The old belt appeared to be clean, dry and tight, and didn't squeal before spilling coolant on it. But after spilling the coolant it squealed until it was replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back