98 leaves new radiator,no tranyline oring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!ordered from autoZone,a new radiator,98 buick lesabre.sent me a spectra brand. Theirs 2 transmission lines, what size wrench? Also,the new rafdiator,comes with gold adapters,for those lines too screw into.are their supposed to be o rings in them? Mine didn't come with them, what size?
Also,it's a universal i guess,radiator..middle of it,theirs a peacock looking thing...not the actual peacock at bottom..do I need too remove that,plug it up?

Hi chris! Their already flaired,in just removing the old radiator,putting new one in. The new radiator,didn't come with o rings,in the holes for trann y adapter ,then trann y lines.should their have been o rings? Or no?if so,what size should I get?

Misunderstood...their not quick connects.they have a small thread ended nut,that goes into old radi a tor.the new adapters,thread into those thread nuts,then male side of adapter,threads into new radiator. But wonder,between New make adapter end,and new radiator hole,should their be a small o ring in each hole? Or no!

Be careful twisting them off. I always start loosening them and it twists the whole metal line and crimps it.

I’d use a crowfoot socket end on them if possible. Not sure what size they are though.

If the auto parts store sells them, just buy a bunch and see which one fits and return the ones you don’t need.

If it's anything like my blazer, they are threaded on with no o ring. Not sure on the wrench size.. I just used a medium sized adjustable wrench.

With my truck, I had to reuse some clip/ spring things though. Granted this was the oil cooler rather than the ATF, but they look similar.

Last edited:
I saw a vid,2000 and up lesabre,had a clip in the tran y cooler line too radiator. Mine st dosn t have tbat,just an o!d looking nut,the line,and the threads,and radiator.
About the thing in middle of radiator...looks like a peacock.it's not. Radiator in it now,leaking,spraying hot air n coolant after local driving...does not have that.the new spectra one I got,from autozon e does. Does that need to be plugged up? It kinda looks,when I refill it after installing...it's gonna pis s out from that thing.

Last edited:
Wow. Please go to a mechanic. You are not qualified for this. And don't keep driving with a leaky radiator.

In the video, o-rings are used on the new radiator which came with adapters, to seal the adapters to the radiator. The lines from the transmission are "inverted flare" like brake lines, they don't use o-rings where they connect to the original radiator or the adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back