98 Jetta VR6 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its a blown headgasket, but could it be worse? Blowing bubbles into coolant bottle, no antifreeze in oil, can hear compression leaking out past head. Not sure what caused it bought it from a kid that don't watch gages.

Do a compression check also,it could of washed out the piston rings too.The price of the headgasket set is not cheap,$286.00 since it is a foriegn car and the parts are expensive.

It really can always be worse.

My father had a Chevy Astro Van that he had to get rid of with about 500,000 miles on it. The front end of the engine, where all the stuff mounted to, had cracked years prior and started leaking oil. He parked it over a coffee can to catch the oil it leaked, a steady drip. It would go through a quart sitting still on a cool day. Coffee filter in a funnel later it was doing good.
banana2.gif

Your "problem" can quickly turn into a "Disasterous emergency" depending on what happens next and where it happens. Ever blow a main radiator hose going 60 mph on a crowded highway? I have, in a company van, a definate "I could really use you now God" situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back