'97 Honda Accord - MaxLife/SuperTech Full Syn Blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Great board here! I've learned a bunch over the last few months.
smile.gif

I have a 1997 Honda Accord with 125K on it. Just now, I just did an oil change using some "free" Valvoline Synpower 5w-30 with a SuperTech filter. Over the life of the car, it's had the oil/filter changes at approx. 4k to 5k intervals with various combos from mostly fast lube places (I'm the 2nd owner
smile.gif
).

Here's the deal:
I have a bunch of oil and filters sitting around the garage right now.

(25) quarts of SuperTech Full Synthetic 5w-30.
(20) quarts of MaxLife 5w-30.
(5) SuperTech filters
(3) Purolator filters
(1) Fram
shocked.gif

What I'm thinking; I'd like to make a blend of 2.5 quarts SuperTech Synthetic/2.5 quarts MaxLife and use this combo for the next few oil changes.

Am I nuts?
lol.gif

Best Regards,
Jim

[ July 16, 2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: JMK3rd ]

If you use one ST full synthetic oil to 4 Maxlife you can use the same blend five OCIs in a row. Since Maxlife has about 12-22 percent PAO it already is weakly a blend. You would then have a SuperMax blend. with around 30 to 35 percent synth.

BTW What does ST mean by "full synthetic"? POE, PAO, or Group III?

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
If you use one ST full synthetic oil to 4 Maxlife you can use the same blend five OCIs in a row. Since Maxlife has about 12-22 percent PAO it already is weakly a blend. You would then have a SuperMax blend. with around 30 to 35 percent synth.

BTW What does ST mean by "full synthetic"? POE, PAO, or Group III?

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply!
Using the 1 part MaxLife to 4 parts SuperTech ratio would leave me with a bunch of SuperTech left over. Note that I have Five (5) quart jugs of SuperTech. Maybe I'm missing something
lol.gif
. I'm going to edit my post to make it a bit clearer.

SuperTech Full Synthetic is a Group III (from what I've seen here anyways).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back