'97 Honda Accord - MaxLife/SuperTech Full Syn Blend?

Hi, Great board here! I've learned a bunch over the last few months. [Smile] I have a 1997 Honda Accord with 125K on it. Just now, I just did an oil change using some "free" Valvoline Synpower 5w-30 with a SuperTech filter. Over the life of the car, it's had the oil/filter changes at approx. 4k to 5k intervals with various combos from mostly fast lube places (I'm the 2nd owner [Smile] ). Here's the deal: I have a bunch of oil and filters sitting around the garage right now. (25) quarts of SuperTech Full Synthetic 5w-30. (20) quarts of MaxLife 5w-30. (5) SuperTech filters (3) Purolator filters (1) Fram [Eek!] What I'm thinking; I'd like to make a blend of 2.5 quarts SuperTech Synthetic/2.5 quarts MaxLife and use this combo for the next few oil changes. Am I nuts? [LOL!] Best Regards, Jim [ July 16, 2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: JMK3rd ]

If you use one ST full synthetic oil to 4 Maxlife you can use the same blend five OCIs in a row. Since Maxlife has about 12-22 percent PAO it already is weakly a blend. You would then have a SuperMax blend. with around 30 to 35 percent synth. BTW What does ST mean by "full synthetic"? POE, PAO, or Group III?

JMK3rd

quote:
Originally posted by TallPaul: If you use one ST full synthetic oil to 4 Maxlife you can use the same blend five OCIs in a row. Since Maxlife has about 12-22 percent PAO it already is weakly a blend. You would then have a SuperMax blend. with around 30 to 35 percent synth. BTW What does ST mean by "full synthetic"? POE, PAO, or Group III?
Hi, Thanks for the quick reply! Using the 1 part MaxLife to 4 parts SuperTech ratio would leave me with a bunch of SuperTech left over. Note that I have Five (5) quart jugs of SuperTech. Maybe I'm missing something [LOL!] . I'm going to edit my post to make it a bit clearer. SuperTech Full Synthetic is a Group III (from what I've seen here anyways).

JMK3rd

quote:
Originally posted by TallPaul: ....You would then have a SuperMax blend. with around 30 to 35 percent synth.
SuperMax.......hey, I like that! [Smile]