Zinc 1105
Barium 0
SUS Viscosity 60.7
Flashpoint 405
Fuel Antifreeze 0
Water 0
Insolubles 0
TBN 6.7

I drive in the Dallas traffic and the heat , 110+ this sample...
I am happy with the M1. As its easy to find and The evidence points to a stable oil, under very hot conditions

Lead is high, but nothing to worry about. Remember, we all tend to over analyse these reports as MSparks has said. I think maybe switching to a 10w-30 might help bring the lead down. Its hard to say bc you need more UOA's to really know whats going on. Oil has plenty of life left though based on the TBN. You could probably go well over 10k miles on this oil.

this report in nearly the same as a previous report, where I used Valvoline Syntec 10W-30.
I will try 10W-30 M1 next.

Certainly a good report. As Buster aid you could probably help yourself out a bit by using the 10W-30 . And to take it a little further you could go with a 35-30% 15W50 to get it up to a high 30 wt. Nut the viscosity held up well. Also as Buster said you could have gone further on this change.
cheers.gif

I think the heat might be thinning out this oil too much, causing the higher lead wear. TooSlick mentioned this week that if you see higher lead than iron, it typically means the oil is of the wrong viscosity.

Amsoil 5w30 or Schaeffer 5w30 would show better results here.

Zinc 1105? I thought Mobil kept it and Phosphorus under 1K to meet the API standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back