95 e350 ford motorhome turn/brake signal problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
have replaced bulbs and still can't get front left to blink at all,rear left will blink fast and sometimes it will make the clearence lights blink?replace the turnsignal relay,didn't help . also the left turn sig. indicator lamp on dash won't work and crusie control won't work either? could it be the turn signal switch in sterring wheel?right side lights seem to be ok

well. i don't think so. but the same relay makes the same clicking noise. i will have to go and dbl check the hazard lights

yes, they sorta work. fronnts work but the right rear both filments flash and the left rear side one filament flashes but is dim. also i got the post wrong above ,should right side giving most trouble not left

Yank all the bulbs in the vicinity of the left rear side. I think you have a filament shorting or a bad ground going through another filament. Try again with empty sockets.

What are these clearance lights, are they low and facing sideways so perpindicular traffic can see them, or are they the ones up top that say you are a tall RV? The former should sometimes blink in "opposite unison" with the main blinkers; the latter should never blink.

The best place for problems are bulbs that do two duties, park lights and blink. Could be in front or in back.

The cruise is an interesting twist, it will have a brake light sense circuit. Might have to check your diagrams to see if it's at the pedal or if it's a seperate switch near the master cylinder that detects fluid pressure... fords are funny like this.

Have you had the recall done yet for the cruise control?? Ford recall due to fire.

Reason I say this is because my dad has a 1996 Newmar RV 40ft on the Ford chassis 460V8 and he had a similiar problem. When he took it in for the recall, the problem was gone when he got it back. I know the cruise is linked to the brake light switch.

i don't know about the recall,just bought it last weekend. they are side markers that blink

Last edited:
is there a way too see if they done the recall by looking at it or can u call ford and find out?

If you look around the master cylinder, maybe a foot below it on a brake line you should see an inline fuse holder and some obvious wiring splices if the recall was done.

I think you have a bulb shorting or in backwards or something in the terminals or a bad ground.

also on the left turn signal,when switched on,it makes the sound but no light on dash,but if you turn on park lights the sound will stop and both filaments in the rear bulb will be lit,front still doesn't work other than the park light. checked wires in the rear where they enter and all looks good. do you think it could be in the trailer brake controler switch or headlihgt switch

1157 bulbs will only fit one way and the fronts are different type but they are in correctly,also disconnected the turn signal switch and the both filaments on right side still burn when you turn on park lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back