'82 BMW 733i M30 - Which Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DrDanger
HTHS is min.3,5 for the 0-5W/40 and well over 4 for the 15w/40 flavors per SAE.

Yes, ExxonMobil says it is 3.6 for M1 0W-40. Is that insufficient for the BMW?

35.gif

Originally Posted by TXCarGeek
So far, I'm leaning towards mobil delvac 15w40. Might be a typical, overthinking BITOGer and get a gallon of the delvac and two quarts of some HM 10w40 because I like the idea of some HM oil in this older engine. I've used LM2020 with good results in previous vehicles and have also been wanting to try ATP205 but they are both not readily available here in town so I would rather go with an HM oil.

When I had to maintain a few Mercedes in the family fleet, I used Delo 15W-40. It was cheap at Costco and the engines seemed to be happy with it.

Originally Posted by nthach
Originally Posted by TXCarGeek
So far, I'm leaning towards mobil delvac 15w40. Might be a typical, overthinking BITOGer and get a gallon of the delvac and two quarts of some HM 10w40 because I like the idea of some HM oil in this older engine. I've used LM2020 with good results in previous vehicles and have also been wanting to try ATP205 but they are both not readily available here in town so I would rather go with an HM oil.

When I had to maintain a few Mercedes in the family fleet, I used Delo 15W-40. It was cheap at Costco and the engines seemed to be happy with it.

Good to know about the Mercs...I have an '89 W126 560SEL that I'm going to need to change oil on once I fix some oil leaks on it. Figured I'd use some HDEO on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back