71 mile trip = 58.7 MPGs

Took my car up into the state of VA today. It was 70.9 miles in all, in 1 hour and 57 minutes (lots of scenic roads), and I got 58.7 MPGs.
So I drove it for almost 2 hours for just a little over a gallon of gas. On the way back I was on the highway and set the cruise control to 66 MPH and most vehicles were passing me. I think it's really a cool little car. It doesn't use any oil at 113k miles.

DSC_7396.JPG

Last edited:
how accurate is the trip computer in those.. I've seen some cars that were spot on.. within .5mpg and others that were 10% off.

and if that is actual with a fillup.. well gas pumps dont always shut off the same.. there is a large margin for error on a fillup of 1.5gallons.

Nice that’s where I am at. I love riding the Blue Ridge Parkway and many other scenic drives around too. Virginia is a nice state for the most part.
VA is beautiful. I drove up to Falls Chuch VA a few years ago, it was 6 hours each way. Up near DC.

I could drag my 05 prius down to 39 MPG going 80+ MPH on snow tires in January.

the more you drive + the more gas costs the more you appreciate better mpgs!! years ago doing a thousand miles weekly + or - i traded my beloved classic 72 cutlass 16 mpg for a 2001 Jetta 34 mpg being the best stock mpgs, = even after adding some fun almost 100 more hp + torque i got 30 on average + could live with that! newer cars are amazing for the performance + economy they give depending on size, even the 4 dr tanks-trucks do OK on a roll but moving 2 or so tons from a stop kills mpgs for sure!!!

Back