7 injured after F-35 jet crashes on aircraft carrier in South China Sea

We had our unmentionable name also. :LOL:

Probably couldn’t happen today but I remember our Captain yelling names at a boot ensign as he was headed to the pier at close to ten knots. We never knew those engines could scream that loud in full reverse.

We all had our moments though. He turned out to be a good officer as time went on.

Doesn’t a submarine follow a carrier when at sea? I feel like the sub is just hanging out at the bottom by the wreckage keeping an eye out for the Russians and Chinese.

typically there are 1-4 LA class fast attack subs in a carrier fleet. with potential for more "in the area"

my uncle bill gatz was the catapult launch man on the USS Kearsarge during the Korean Conflict (that ship is now a reef and a new ship renamed the same). he had a plane crash land on the deck...he told me he woke up 3 days later in the infirmary and that his wrist had been temporarily relocated under his elbow along with various other major lacerations.

So what of the plethora of carrier crashes on YT?
Some things are classified. Some things are privileged information. Some are not.

Releasing classified information, particularly when you’re under orders not to, is to commit several crimes.

Release of information, that has been deemed appropriate for release by cognizant authority, is not a crime.

Some things are classified. Some things are privileged information. Some are not.

Releasing classified information, particularly when you’re under orders not to, is to commit several crimes.

Release of information, that has been deemed appropriate for release by cognizant authority, is not a crime.
Ahh yes. I forgot.. It's classified until it isn't. Kinda like when a helo my stepfather caught a ride on was shot down over Cambodia.

Back