7.3 Godzilla Oil Report - Freaking Out.

Only thing that would scare me is being sure Ford approves of the oil being used-knowing F, they probably want some weak sauce 5W20 or 5W30 in it...
Yep, they might be looking at another oil revision at some point to reduce warranty claims. IIRC that was rumored to have happened a while back, with a move from 5W20 to back to 5W30 in some of their engines. History often repeats itself.
27.gif

1) Who say "We" all the time. WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??
2) The idiot let the dealer take the sample!
(n)(n)(n)(n)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing wrong with his truck.

Hemis are wiping cams, Chevys have wiped cams so far back it is a feature and now Comp is having trouble with their Hydraulic Rollers so i would get to eager to Ford bash...
I just saw this-if someone wants to blow ~$100K on a 6.7 PSD just to have it break a crank at 100K, or a 7.3 eat a cam & lifters young (which will require complete engine teardown/replacement, metal gets everywhere), good luck to them. Or maybe buy a fleet of 6.0 PSD cargo vans, Transit Connects, and Transit 250s. Get back to me on that, I've personally spent months in a rental (fortunately on the company's dime) because Ford junk. Coming up on 27 years worth-I have SOME EXPERIENCE on this subject!

WOW
You took that personal…….Goodness
I coming up on 45 years of Ford products with ZERO issues and no money out of my pocket
So looks like every dog has its fleas
Some itch some don’t

Back