66 Barracuda valve tick

Solid lifter cam. Valve tick for a couple years. valve lash is correct. I'm .5 quart low on oil so I though I would try an additive just to see if it makes a difference. I have never used an oil additive (besides ZDDP) but since I'm 1/2 a quart low thought it would be a fun experiment. any recommendations?

Solid lifter cam. Valve tick for a couple years. valve lash is correct. I'm .5 quart low on oil so I though I would try an additive just to see if it makes a difference. I have never used an oil additive (besides ZDDP) but since I'm 1/2 a quart low thought it would be a fun experiment. any recommendations?
426 Wedge, 383 Magnum? LUCAS oil stabilizer, STP?

Solid lifters will always be ticky. No addatives will make any difference. Is it a 273 or slant-6?
273 commando. That’s what I was thinking all the additives that I’ve seen are for hydraulic lifters probably won’t make a difference with solid lifters

You are not quieting down a solid cam valve train with whiz bang in a can. Recheck the lash if it is a identified as a single lifter if it is general valve train ticking noise forget it and drive on.

You'd be better served using a fully formulated oil blended with this type of application in mind. AMSOIL makes one I believe and I'm sure @High Performance Lubricants also has something that would be far more appropriate than what you are using presently.
You don't have to spend big bucks, Valvoline VR1 is perfectly fine although in CA for some reason 20W-50 is the only VR1 variant readily available although you can find the 10W-30 flavor if you look hard enough online.

You don't have to spend big bucks, Valvoline VR1 is perfectly fine although in CA for some reason 20W-50 is the only VR1 variant readily available although you can find the 10W-30 flavor if you look hard enough online.
Yeah, VR1 is certainly another option at lower cost.

Back