6.7 Powerstroke Cold Start F550 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
The U code is saying the pcm lost communication with the bcm. Are there any other loss of communication codes in any other modules?

The P02ff i believe is fuel system performance related code. I could not find that specific code but every other P02Fx code are injector circuit performance codes.

I could not find any other info on the other 2

I would start by load testing both batteries and make sure they have goodbye clean connections. Also make sure charging system is functioning properly. The pcm will usually set a code if the alternator isn't doing it's job, though.

It wouldn't hurt to disconnect and reconnect all 3 pcm connecters either. Make sure you have no visible pushes in or bent pins on the pcm the connectors themselves.

Last edited:
Started at 41 degrees farenheit...nothing weird happened. Got fuel no more codes or funny business. Truck had an upper oil pan leak 1.5 years ago maybe shop didnt clear codes that created? Changed batteries 2 months ago and all connections were good. However, truck sat for 3 weeks and batteries did die on me and I started truck off of motorhome batteries...perhaps those codes are stored from it going bad. Thank you Mattd for taking your time to help...I really appreciate your help and time. Will check the other areas you mentioned Mattd. Take care all.

Last edited:
I routinely start my PSD in weather at least 20 degrees colder and have never had that happen. One one occasion close to 0F the fuel must have gelled and lots of codes and it finally would not run. After it warmed it ran fine.

Originally Posted by Donald
I routinely start my PSD in weather at least 20 degrees colder and have never had that happen. One one occasion close to 0F the fuel must have gelled and lots of codes and it finally would not run. After it warmed it ran fine.

Not sure why mine did that at cold start? I'm betting codes are unrelated to that and were a result of the battery being drained. Hope everyone is well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back