6,200 mile review (2011 Camry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's free, and yes, it can communicate with ELM hardware. Just download it from Android Market. They have a paid version also (less than $5) that removes ads from the app.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

The noise you were hearing may have been an accessory noise. Some owners on ToyotaNation are reporting early replacement of power steering pumps on the 2010+ cars. I can hear a noise that correlates with engine RPM, but it's not what I'd describe as "loud", and it's not louder than noises that any of my other vehicles make. I think I'm hearing the same noise, but my PS pump (or whatever is responsible for the noise) just isn't as loud as some others. Some people have reported that Toyota has replaced their transmission, chasing the noise, and the noise persists. The PS pump seems to be the culprit.

Possibly. I didn't think to try revving the engine while in neutral to see if it occurred then, I just assumed it was the transmission. On this vehicle it was loud. But it was a rental so who knows what the previous drivers did to the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back