5W5 equivalent LED (T10 base)

I'm looking for the best possible replacement for a 5W5 wedge bulb (door puddle light).

I'm not sure what the best LED option is. Looking for bright and even light. The lamp housing does not have a reflector. All the SMLEDs should be on only one side of the "bulb." SMLEDs that face any other direction are wasted. Is there such a T10 type LED unit?

JHZR2

Staff member
All those are the the 360 degree or forward beam type that will waste most of the light output. Lumens are kind of low. I'm more looking for a recommendation based on first-hand experience.
You may need to be the guinea pig…

I have used this one, light output is great, but it is oversized…

Try 921 on Super Bright, it yields some disc bulbs…

The 193 and 194 bulbs (3w and 4w, respectively) have a thinner base than the 5W5.
The 921 is said to be built to 19304 specs so I wouldn't swap one into service where a 5W5 is used.
People commonly replace a blown 5 with a 193 or 194 and get scorching and buzzing.

Also, the applications for the 5W5 can be real tight so any bulkiness of an LED works against you.

vavavroom

Going by the design, side lighting only and a slim construction, I'd expect the Morimoto XB to be a good fit. 200 lumens, about 70% more light output than a conventional 5W5, should be sufficient for door puddle lights. Has anybody here tried those? ECS Tuning sells them.

Last edited: