5w20 versus 0w30 and gas millage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the fact that you're only going up by about 1 or 2 cst at 100c, the MPG should not drop much at all. In fact, you might even get better MPG going with a well built 0w30 synthetic compared to a 5w20 blend.

thats what im hoping....w/ a little addded protection....what 0w30 should i be loking at? was thinking mobil r0w30, german castrol...

quote:

Originally posted by crimsontide:
thats what im hoping....w/ a little addded protection....what 0w30 should i be loking at? was thinking mobil r0w30, german castrol...

Either one of those should work well, or Amsoil 0w30 also. 0w20 Mobil 1 also shows excellent results in many vehicles too, so I'd consider this one too now that I think about it. There are lots of good choices in oils out there!
smile.gif

[ March 10, 2004, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

I am assuming you have a Ford. The M1 0w20 as mentioned above is a very good oil and has posted some great results in the used oil analysis section. Check it out!

cool.gif
I put the M1 gas mileage formula 0w-30 in my Ranger for the winter instead of the recommended 5w-30, but that 4.0 sucks gas no matter what.
lol.gif

ive got an 03 f150....5.4l....are there any uoa's w/ the 0w20 during summer months? that is my concern is the summer temps and protection....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back