5W-20 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been running Motorcraft 5w-20 with a Motorcraft oil filter in my wifes 2003 Mazda MPV for the past 32K miles and everything run great. The dealer does $16.95 oil changes with this, how can I refuse. The oil always seems so clean at the 5K OCI I do. I can still see the print on the dip stick.

Last week I got my first oil change at wal-Mart. Requested Mobil-1 5-20 but they were out. The only syntethic oil they had in 5-20 was Castrol. Had them put it in. By the end of the first tank of gas there was a noticable smoothing out of the engine. The car (Ford Focus 2005, 4600 miles) runs smoother, starts easier. Found this site after the oil change. Didn't know that Castrol was not a true syntethic. Looked at Amsoil site and there comparison of oils and the Castrol looked pretty close in most of the ratings to Mobil 1. Think I will stay with Castrol for a while. Also was stuck with fram filter $11.16!!! ouch!!!

Don't forget dealership genuine Honda 5W-20 made by Exxon-Mobil formulated to Honda R&D specs with both domestic and foreign components (sorta like the car) for $2.25/qt. It's the only oil my '05 Ody has seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back