5G--anyone seen a UW next to the 5G icon?

I see the UW all around town. Here at the airport in Norfolk, for example.
78164424-6E64-431D-AD66-3221C36E7919.png

I'm in the business and don't see the downside of not having 5G for my personal phone. LTE Advanced is just fine and has much better coverage, unless the tower density doubles for midband, which isn't going to happen. In all fairness, lower frequencies like the 700Mhz spectrum are also used with 5G NR(new radio), which is true 5G and has the same coverage as LTE with the same frequencies, but to avoid the irritation of stalled browser sessions as you move away from C-Band, I'll just stick with LTE, thanks.
Thus far, I have never seen UW on my phone, and we were in the NYC metro area this past weekend. Again, highly doubt my wife and my 13 pros are defective and unable to connect to the ultra wideband network in all the ads. Or have the wrong SIM. Could be a myth and as someone pointed out, short range. What better to use it for, like someone said, a stadium or airport, where there is a high number of endpoints all wanting to use the service? I too have compared the 13 pro and Xs side by side, and have seen the Xs with a higher download speed in the same spot. I'm in agreement with you. Man wants a number by which to judge goodness, and 5 doesn't seem to be greater than 4 lol

Thus far, I have never seen UW on my phone, and we were in the NYC metro area this past weekend. Again, highly doubt my wife and my 13 pros are defective and unable to connect to the ultra wideband network in all the ads. Or have the wrong SIM. Could be a myth and as someone pointed out, short range. What better to use it for, like someone said, a stadium or airport, where there is a high number of endpoints all wanting to use the service? I too have compared the 13 pro and Xs side by side, and have seen the Xs with a higher download speed in the same spot. I'm in agreement with you. Man wants a number by which to judge goodness, and 5 doesn't seem to be greater than 4 lol
Not all Verizon plans give access to 5G UW. Welcome unlimited, 5G Start, and their prepaid 15Gb and Unlimited plans don’t include UW.

Not all Verizon plans give access to 5G UW. Welcome unlimited, 5G Start, and their prepaid 15Gb and Unlimited plans don’t include UW.
BINGO! That's it. We have the 5G Start. I read all the fine print and it would cost $10/mo more for a plan that has UW. It's not all that a person gets for $10/mo., but I don't need it. For example, I have an unlimited 4G hotspot from work, that has I think 60gb/mo before being throttled now, and it has this much usage month to month: 0 gb

That's one benefit from the $10/mo extra, 50 gb hotstpot instead of 5.....I think there are other free subscriptions like ESPN+ etc.

Excellent catch! :)

I see 5G+ on my Samsung Galaxy Z-Flip 4 on T-Mobile. This is from home where l always use Wifi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214_125316_Firefox Focus.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214_125316_Firefox Focus.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 6
If you have Verizon wireless, have you ever seen a UW next to your 5G icon, preferably iPhone, but any phone?

I have never seen it, not even in downtown Center City Philly. Also side by side, my 4G phone is usually faster lol

Yes, my iPhone 13 Pro is set to auto under settings, cellular, cellular data options, voice and data: 5G Auto. supposedly that saves battery over 5G On.

Whaddya think? :)
Yep I’ve seen UW. Download was over 1500mbps.

iPhone 13 mini with VZ play more.

I'm in NYC, so Verizon's mmWave and C Band (both branded as 5G Ultra Wideband) are getting more and more prevalent by the day
mmWave is so high frequency, you have to be darn near line of site with the antenna, but it's stupid fast
C Band can get a few blocks, and into some buildings
T-Mobile has 5G UC, AT&T has 5G+
Keeps the network free and moving in crowded areas
Time Square, airports, major crowds, arenas
PXL_20221128_212439606.jpg

Caught some 5G men on the job 💪

Back