5606 vs TES295

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an issue with someone putting TES295 in hydraulic system that is suppose to have 5606. What I need to know are they compatible. If they are I think I would just need to flush the system and put in 5606. Everyone else says no we have to replace all the components in the system. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Linn Gibson
[email protected]
Mainrenance Supervisor

what application?

5606 is a petroleum based spec

as is tes295 which is used in transmissions?

its not like one is silicone/other based.
ie its Not like putting oil in a brake system.

however without the application I would just be guessing with less information than you already have.

you might want to take your email out of your sig or you will get tons of spam from bots that crawl forums
and I'm not sure what a "Mainrenance Supervisor" is?
grin2.gif

Last edited:
yes the TES295 is used in the allison trans. The 5606 is used in the height management system and the weapons system. I will remove my email I get enough junk the way it is. Thanks,

tes 295 is a newtonian fluid no VI improvers and is a PAO base.
the 5606 is a VM improved light vis kerosene. If it bugs you just do a drian and refill should be no problems.

Quote:
I have an issue with someone putting TES295 in hydraulic system that is suppose to have 5606. What I need to know are they compatible. If they are I think I would just need to flush the system and put in 5606. Everyone else says no we have to replace all the components in the system. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

For future reference, the TES295 is a synthetic ATF speced for the commercial Allison transmissions, with a viscosity of about 7.5 cSt, whereas the 5606 has a viscosity of of 5.1 cSt. This 5606 fluid was developed for MIL equipment in which the operation was to be in low temp situations.

A maintenance supervisor should be aware that the Royco 756 is a hydraulic fluid replacement for any MIL-PRF-5606 spec fluid.

I doubt there was any damage done, but I would check seals and hydraulic controls. Sounds like someone needed a commercially available fluid when the MIL spec stuff may not have been available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back