4T65 sluggish start, then a lurch and a bang

I wouldn't be so quick to use 100% & Definite with a 2nd gear start complaint on a 4T65E, I tend to be the "Mop-Up Guy" when it comes to these units.....The PCS has been replaced & a TransGo kit already installed.

Don't mistake P1811 long shift behavior with possible low AFL pressure.

I feel this was directed at me and I specifically said if you can watch the amperage go from .8 to 0 while this is happening until the car is restarted it is absolutely the problem. Tech 2s are your friend in many cases on these...

but also a faulty harness internally could be the culprit also...there are many scenarios but with a true diag it's all speculation at this point.

If it's anything like my Alero, and it might be, when I thought that maybe I was having "transmission" problems, they went away when I deactivated the traction control. It was because the ABS wire at a flex point had broken. Just another thing to think about and check. Probably isn't it in this case, but it's cheap and easy to fix.

Fluid level ok? If it is I would service it and put in a qt of trans-x. Stuff actually works sometimes.
I'm not familiar with trans-x?
I have heard lube guard recommended and also Lucas transfix what is the transex is it a thin solvent type of thing or is it a thick honey consistency?

https://transgo.com/product-details/4t65-actuator-feed-limit/

States:
Easy, drop-in fix for worn actuator feed limit bores. on one part of the page, then states trans removal required on another part of the page.
???
I believe you have to pull the side cover which entails pulling the left strut and axle, and dropping the subframe.
Fortunately my transmission is not doing that, I do have the 1811 Max adap code, I am going to service the trans in the spring and install a shift kit at that time. I sure hope mine don't start staying in second gear, as I am not looking to drop the subframe and all that.
😱

Back