4L60E Pan removal on a GMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could use a litle help figuring out the best way to get the pan off my tranny for a fluid and filter change. This is the first time I have attempted a fluid/filter change on my truck since I bought it used I wanted to go thru and take care of any maintenance on it that may have not been done.

The truck is a 02 GMC Sierra with the 4L60E. The repair manual says to just drop the pan but there is some sort of shift linkage in the way preventing me from getting the last two bolt's out.

Since I am not a mechanic I would like to know what may be the best way to go about this. If any one has had experience with this any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a pretty simple job, just a lot of bolts. I suggest that if the filter seal doesn't come out with the old filter, leave it in and install the new filter. AND, make sure you get the correct filter (regular or deep pan). Here is a link for steps with pics.
Tech Resource Wiki
19.gif

Thanks for the advice and the link ZR2grizz, I will try this again. Ended up making a big mess trying to get this thing off last night. Stupid drainplug was stripped off by whoever tried to get it off last so I ended up spilling fluid all over trying to get the pan off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back