49er Packer game...

There are two predictions I will make about the Packers...
1. Aaron Rogers won't be back with GB next year, that was his last game with them.
2. GB will not be back in the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

I woke my old azz up last night to pee and thought it was a bad dream. Seriously, but Nope.
Didn't sleep well and neither did my son. My wife thought I was going to have a heart attack during the game.
I almost pulled the Favre jersey from the wall cabinet to cry into.

I'm not going to speculate on what Rogers will do. It is what it is.

I'm going out on the ice to make some holes now. Go Pack Go.

On this day, weak armed, mistake prone Garoppolo was the better QB when it counted.
The 49ers have a good enough team to win the Superbowl....if they can keep their mind in the game. :LOL:
Not everybody here will get that comment.

Attachments

• 49ers.JPG
    49ers.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 18
The 49ers have a good enough team to win the Superbowl....if they can keep their mind in the game. :LOL:
Not everybody here will get that comment.
I know exactly what you mean. All too often, Garoppolo is the worst 4th qtr QB ever.
1st downs and eating the clock with a lead in the 4th qtr wins games.

Yesterday Jimmy G was a better 4th qtr QB than Aaron Rogers.
And a huge thanks to our defense for stuffing the Packers for the entire 2nd half. No small task.

Maybe the same as other people with hundreds of millions of dollars who have some time on their hands? A month on a mega yacht in the Caribbean? Maybe a game preserve in Kenya?
Well said. Net worth, north of 120 million. Stupid State Farm ads, 2-3 million. Bet what he’s not going to be doing is hanging out at Wal Mart waiting for windshield washer fluid to go on sale. Amazing how we hang our overworked hats on such overpaid idols.

The 49ers play smashmouth football.
After the blocked punt for a touchdown to tie the game, GB got the ball with plenty of time.
Aaron Rogers went 3 and out...
Garoppolo took the ball right down the field (thanks Deebo) for the winning score.
On this day, weak armed, mistake prone Garoppolo was the better QB when it counted.
Long as 49’ers beat the Bucs I’ll be happy

Thank God Rams beat Brady and Bucs. Sick of hearing how great Bucs are. Especially when they lost to Rams, Giants and Redskins in regular season. AND they lost twice to the Saints.

Thank God Rams beat Brady and Bucs. Sick of hearing how great Bucs are. Especially when they lost to Rams, Giants and Redskins in regular season. AND they lost twice to the Saints.
IMO, Brady should retire. I can see him going into coaching, become a spokesman for Under Armour(if he wasn’t already) or be one of the talking heads for ABC/CBS/Fox/NBC Sports.

Or pull a John Elway/Peyton and own a chain of dealerships/pizza joints and part ownership of a team. John Elway owned a chain of Toyota dealers in Denver, Peyton’s got ownership in Papa John’s.

IMO, Brady should retire. I can see him going into coaching, become a spokesman for Under Armour(if he wasn’t already) or be one of the talking heads for ABC/CBS/Fox/NBC Sports.

That's not "retirement". It's changing jobs. Brady doesn't need the money. His wife makes close to twice what he does. He's worth north of $250 million alone, and his wife is worth another $400 million. He can stay home, shine all his cars, play with his kids, and wonder what the peons are doing.

That's not "retirement". It's changing jobs. Brady doesn't need the money. His wife makes close to twice what he does. He's worth north of $250 million alone, and his wife is worth another $400 million. He can stay home, shine all his cars, play with his kids, and wonder what the peons are doing.
Very good point. But the man’s gonna be bored regardless.

GB is a great regular season team, but they have made the playoffs 10 of the last 11 seasons without once making the SB. Unfortunately, their legacy under AR will be that of a team that couldn't get it done in the post season. People will forget about their one SB win with Rodgers.

On a better note, the playoffs this year was the best I've ever seen. All of the games were competitive, and Sunday's games were nothing short of incredible. I was so sick of seeing Brady in the SB, I just wanted someone to beat Tampa. Thank you Rams! That Bills/Chiefs game was one for the ages. A heavy weight battle with neither team backing down. Neither team deserved to lose. I'm picking a Rams/Chiefs SB with the Chiefs winning...

Last edited:
After the blocked punt for a touchdown to tie the game, GB got the ball with plenty of time.
Aaron Rogers went 3 and out...
I’m neither a SF nor a GB fan, and I didn’t watch the game (it was on the TV while I worked on the wife’s car though, so the game audio served as background noise), but I am certain there was more involved in that result than Mr. Rogers failing to get a 1st down.

Did the SF defense play any part in denying him that 1st down? I suspect they did and would be offended at your slight of their efforts.

Was Mr. Rogers the only player on the offense? I know he was not, although what role the other 10 played in the offense’s failure to gain a 1st down isn’t clear.

My point is, saying the team failed because the quarter back went 3 and out is awfully short-sighted. Some combination of the offense as a whole’s inefficiency at doing their job and the opposing defense’s efficiency in doing theirs likely played an equally large part of determining that game’s outcome.

I’m neither a SF nor a GB fan, and I didn’t watch the game (it was on the TV while I worked on the wife’s car though, so the game audio served as background noise), but I am certain there was more involved in that result than Mr. Rogers failing to get a 1st down.

Did the SF defense play any part in denying him that 1st down? I suspect they did and would be offended at your slight of their efforts.

Was Mr. Rogers the only player on the offense? I know he was not, although what role the other 10 played in the offense’s failure to gain a 1st down isn’t clear.

My point is, saying the team failed because the quarter back went 3 and out is awfully short-sighted. Some combination of the offense as a whole’s inefficiency at doing their job and the opposing defense’s efficiency in doing theirs likely played an equally large part of determining that game’s outcome.
The 49er defense held the Packers to 3 points after their opening drive. That's over 3.5 quarters of holding a top offense, led by Aaron Rogers to no points. That's no small feat.

Aaron Rogers is the highest paid player on the team and one of the highest paid in the league. The NFL is known as a quaterback's league. You are right, the team has linemen, running and blocking backs, wide receivers and more to go along with the QB. But the QB is considered the field general, generally gets paid the most and is largely held responsible for the success of a team.

I meant no disrespect to the Green Bay Packers; they had a great season. They played hard and lost a close game.

I'm gonna pretend like I have amnesia and didn't see this thread after comment.

The only critical thing I will say here about the 49ers is Jimmy Garoppolo sucks big time and did not win them that game. He, personally, is lucky to be in the NFC championship game. Every other pass looked like it was going to be picked. 49ers defense/special teams played a stellar game, and their run game was acceptable. However, that team is no match to the Rams. I obviously think GB would've been a better match up.

This was a devastating loss at Lambeau, and quite frankly inexcusable. This was some JV sh*t. How do you let the defense go straight up the middle to block a punt? Ridiculous. This is a 1 in a million play, especially in the NFL playoffs, and resulted in only touchdown scored by the 49ers. If I wasn't born a 🧀 head I'd be laughing at that.

Rodgers isn't coming back, if I was him I wouldn't either. For a #1 seed to go out like that leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Some skulls need to be cracked in the management there. Jordan Love didn't look great earlier in the year but who knows. This is a sad time for the 🧀 heads with QB likely leaving and team going into rebuild. Go Pack Go.

Last edited:
I'm gonna pretend like I have amnesia and didn't see this thread after comment.

The only critical thing I will say here about the 49ers is Jimmy Garoppolo sucks big time and did not win them that game. He, personally, is lucky to be in the NFC championship game. Every other pass looked like it was going to be picked. 49ers defense/special teams played a stellar game, and their run game was acceptable. However, that team is no match to the Rams. I obviously think GB would've been a better match up.

This was a devastating loss at Lambeau, and quite frankly inexcusable. This was some JV sh*t. How do you let the defense go straight up the middle to block a punt? Ridiculous. This is a 1 in a million play, especially in the NFL playoffs, and resulted in only touchdown scored by the 49ers. If I wasn't born a 🧀 head I'd be laughing at that.

Rodgers isn't coming back, if I was him I wouldn't either. For a #1 seed to go out like that leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Some skulls need to be cracked in the management there. Jordan Love didn't look great earlier in the year but who knows. This is a sad time for the 🧀 heads with QB likely leaving and team going into rebuild. Go Pack Go.
Garoppolo has been the worst 4th qtr QB ever. He threw at maybe 5 passes that could have been pick-6's. Lucky lucky lucky.
The Packer defense sacked him 4 or 5 times on 3rd down. He threw a horrible interception inside the 10 yard line.
The 49ers were lucky the game stayed close. Holding the Pack after the 1st series was an unbelievable job by the 49er defense.
In the SB 2 years ago, he could not deliver a 1st down in the 4th qtr giving the Chiefs the ball right back. We blew what should have been the winning lead.

In Garoppolo's defense, a couple of early passes were dropped; the pass to TE Kittle may have gone for a touchdown.
On this day, when it counted, in the end, Garoppolo did not make a mistake. I would hate to face Rogers & Co in overtime.

And the Packers had 10 players on the field for the last play of the game. Oops.

Man if the Rams would have lost........well I called "game" way too early............yikes!

Those were about best 4 games to watch.............maybe because I didn't watch football this year..........I dunno, good entertainment for sure

Back