440 best oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day gentlemen. I'm making my first posting and hopeing you can steer me to a good oil for my new 440. I've recently had my Chrysler 440 V8 rebuilt with edelbrock heads and Crower cam and have so far decided to use Torco TR-1 mineral oil at 10W/40 weight. I will be using the car for street only and chamging oil and filter after 3000 miles. Have I taken the right decision?

Hello fellow Mopar fan!
smile.gif

Many have had great success using Rotella T 15-40 in there old RB blocks. I have used it exclusively in my 63 Dodge, Motorhome, 68 Dodge truck, etc..

It's an HDEO, designed for diesels, and works great with these old cars.

I know of many other mopar guys who have used it with great success, as well as several big mopar engine builders who love it.

I use GC (German Castrol) in my modern cars.

Pic of my 63 w/440 and eddys:
 -

-

quote:

Originally posted by 440dreamer:
Good day gentlemen. I'm making my first posting and hopeing you can steer me to a good oil for my new 440. I've recently had my Chrysler 440 V8 rebuilt with edelbrock heads and Crower cam and have so far decided to use Torco TR-1 mineral oil at 10W/40 weight. I will be using the car for street only and chamging oil and filter after 3000 miles. Have I taken the right decision?

I had a '68 440 R/T Charger a number of years ago, with cams, etc. The mechanic who built it had me run 20w-50.

Best of luck with that beast.

cheers.gif

Bob W.

Furor: n. A general commotion; public disorder or uproar. [Middle English furour, wrath, fury, from Old French fureur, from Latin furor, from furere, to rage.]

Love the engine bay 11second looks like a great 440 installation, very neat and clean too, you must be very proud of it. Car looks like a real beast too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back