4 x 8 Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am planning to pick up a 4x8 trailer(think value some brand?), it has plywood floor and plywood and wooden siding, think it has 12 inch tires and a load capacity of up to 2000lbs. Along with a door, which can be used as a ramp.

Does anyone know if any 4x8 can be converted to a motorcycle trailer? Don't see any place to use ratcheting strap and I have not picked it up, hence thinking ahead
smile.gif

Once I have it, will look at few options to see how to do the conversion. Thank you
thumbsup2.gif

You'll have to add your own eyebolts, which is easy for an average mechanic.

These are only about $299 - $349 brand new, so don't pay $800 for it, OK?

A few years back I bought a used 4x8 landscape trailer. It has the angle iron railing around the bed, with expanded steel floor. It's towed alot of motorcycles, and alot of other stuff. Comes in handy if you have to move a couch or refrigerator, mulch ect. It was only a few hundred bucks. As long as you have a place to store it when not being used, it's good to have available.,,

My mom has a 4x8 trailer I use all the time. Much easier using that instead of my F-150 box. It works especially well for the dirty jobs such as landscaping or hauling rock etc. I hauled a previous Honda Shadow 1100 in it all the way from Joplin Mo to South Dakota.

If you are getting it next to nothing.. sell it.

I bought a 5X8 trailer 15 years ago and used the life out of it, totally worn out. Paid $1000 for it, sold it for $800.

If you can sell it buy a nicer one.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
If you are getting it next to nothing.. sell it. If you can sell it buy a nicer one.

There's actually a lot of truth to this.

A 4' x 8' is too narrow to haul a riding lawnmower, if you ever plan to do that.

I moved my riding mower a few times in my HF 4x8. 12hp or whatever, 38" deck. Did just fine.

IMO it's a great size for compact car. Too rinky-dinky to overload the car. It also pulls nicely with a lawn tractor. It is too small behind a full sized truck though. I can back up my 4x8 with my car but I long since stopped trying with my truck--not that I really need to, it's pretty lightweight.

I've seen the larger trailers at Tractor Supply but from what I've seen of those, they rust and quickly in our climate. YMMV.

I buy a new 4x8 from Tractor Supply every other spring. Selling the old one is easy and I can usually get 75% or so of the cost of the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back