350 Watts Class D Mono amp

Well, I've been had this sitting around for a LONG time. I would say.. pushing 17 years now, approximately. Bought it as a part of close-out from a business that of course now went out of business (was called "Sound City") and I forget how much for, honestly. Was going to go into a car I had in 2007. That never happened, and it has remained in this box, unopened, again for about 16 years. (I've opened the box of my new 2nd Gen NES console.. not opened the box of this one.)

So, some questions about this unit (and whatever its comparable equivalent from an Amazon seller or Best Buy would be today:)

1. What is best to "pair" this 350W Class D Mono amp with? I'd have to check more power ratings on back of box, but. I remember it was originally destined to be paired with a "Sealed 10" Alpine" Sub. I've been somewhat stuck and hung up on that. Whats the best to pair it with, and what would you pair it with? (Would not be in a trunk, it would share the same air as the driver and passengers. Wagon. Think a Golf. Space saving would be ideal.)

2. Would Best Buy install this? Or would it have to be something they sold.

3. Will this even still work? Any reason to think it wouldn't?

4. Do these give sound quality? Or does it vary widely by brand?

5. What's best head unit to push this? Or again.. What would you pair it with? The Pioneer "C19 special" may soon become a BITOG special, if I go back with Sony. Pioneer DEH-S4220BT. Great unit but it has a few pet peeves that may make me get something else.

As it applies to car stereo, and how the amp powers a subwoofer and complements the other speakers, sound quality not volume or SPL is goal.. Please, chime in!
20230409_180559.jpg
20230409_180550.jpg
20230409_180553.jpg

1. What is best to "pair" this 350W Class D Mono amp with?

Assuming the 350w is peak power, I would run a good single 10" or an MTX Terminator preloaded box.

2. Would Best Buy install this? Or would it have to be something they sold.

I would guess that they won't since its not a product they sell, but an independent car audio shop in your area might be more willing

3. Will this even still work? Any reason to think it wouldn't?

If its new in box, there is no reason to think that it wouldn't.

4. Do these give sound quality? Or does it vary widely by brand?

Depends on how you set up the crossover frequencies. I don't think that sound quality varies much. I've had a few different amps and they all sounded pretty much identical

5. What's best head unit to push this? Or again.. What would you pair it with? The Pioneer "C19 special" may soon become a BITOG special, if I go back with Sony. Pioneer DEH-S4220BT. Great unit but it has a few pet peeves that may make me get something else.

Anything with subwoofer RCA preouts.

Back