30K and Hyundai ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Driz
Seriously though with Hyundai you want to keep a far closer eye on that ENGINE and WARRANTY. Truth is there's nothing you can do with those Theta2s to protect yourself but keep warranty on it.
That's why you don't buy a Theta II (like me)
grin2.gif
. No regrets at all with my 1.8L.

That's why you don't buy a Theta II (like me) grin2. No regrets at all with my 1.8L.

Thanks, what is a "Theta II"??

Thanks everyone, im leaning towards changing it at 30K for both peace of mind and my intention to keep the car a long time, 150K or more miles. Interestingly though, I called my local dealer to check price and was told by service manager that I would be"wasting my money" by changing at 30K. He said they would do it, but doesn't like to see his customers waste money BUT to definitely change at 60K. An honest dealer I wonder??

Last edited:
Originally Posted by flinter
Thanks everyone, im leaning towards changing it at 30K for both peace of mind and my intention to keep the car a long time, 150K or more miles. Interestingly though, I called my local dealer to check price and was told by service manager that I would be"wasting my money" by changing at 30K. He said they would do it, but doesn't like to see his customers waste money BUT to definitely change at 60K. An honest dealer I wonder??

Translation: If you went in now, the dealer would charge you and not even change the fluid. No dipstick so how would you even know? Yeah, there's a check plug but if one's messing with that, might as well DIY the whole fluid change.

Originally Posted by flinter
Interestingly though, I called my local dealer to check price and was told by service manager that I would be"wasting my money" by changing at 30K. He said they would do it, but doesn't like to see his customers waste money BUT to definitely change at 60K. An honest dealer I wonder??

It makes you scratch your head a bit, doesn't it? When I shopped around local dealers, they gave me that deer-in-the-headlight look for a 60K change. "it's lifetime fluid." Why would they turn down easy money?

Watch several YouTube videos where people are changing the atf at 30K and 60K miles, and make up your mind.
Just watched a few done at 90-100K miles, and those people waited too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back