.308 rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told Momma I wanted a 40-42" flatscreen TV and a .308 rifle for Christmas. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "buy 'em yourself." She seemed more excited about finally getting a flatscreen TV than she was about me getting a new rifle.

That said, does anyone own a Springfield Armory .308 Scout Squad rifle or a Rock River Arms .308?

I've seen the SCOM version used in a few USPSA rifle matches.

I've got a M1A Fulton build.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
A short barrel .308 is loud.

+1 16" 5.56 is bad enough. No real need for a short barrel .308 unless you are getting in and out of vehicles or fighting in close quarters anyway.

Take a look at the FAL platform before you buy.

No bolt action this time around. Otherwise, I could easily pick up a Remington 700 (with a left-handed bolt!) :)

The Springfield Armory would either be an 18- or 22-inch barrel, depending upon the model.

The Rock River Arms .308 would be a 20-inch Wilson chrome-lined barrel.

Anyone have a DSA .308 rifle:

http://www.dsarms.com/

I have a Springfield Armory M1A-A1 (pistol grip stock) but it was finicky with ammo. I sent it to Springfield Armory years ago. They replaced a lot of parts, sent it back to me but I don't think I've fired it in a decade.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Steve S
TV is a waste of money.

Quote:
Remember the only thing you need to concern yourself with is who is on Dancing with the Stars.

That's only true if you believe your signature, Steve S.

Like everything else in life, it's the quality (what you watch) that counts, not the quantity (every 30-minute sitcom and endless re-runs of CSI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back