303 on tires,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard good things about it, and considering giving it a try. I'll looking for something that won't make a mess of the tires...shine is not an issue, protection is.

THoughts?

Best protectant there is. Used it at strip mines on the tires of Terex Titans. Tires that cost $10 grand a piece. It prevented weathering,dry rot and was highly resistant to UV. I used to put it on the interiors and everything, especially the door seals and weather stripping, even the wiper blades. Not greasy, it is milky like original Armor All, but far better. I think even NASA uses the stuff according to the jobber that used to bring it in.

Their spray fabric protector is really great too. I used it on my cloth, canvas and nylon flags and camping gear, really prevented UV discoloring.

Found the protectant at a local marine supply store couple of weeks ago.
Used it after I washed under the hood and on the tires. Gives just the rite amount of shine.
Not the super shinny effect that some tire sprays give, and not messy.
Seems to soak into the rubber as well.

Suppose to rain today, so we'll see how or if it washes off.

Another vote for 303 on tires (and any other rubber or plastic/vinyl component). Supposedly it also works well on leather, but I haven't tried it for that purpose yet.

I've actually use it on my fiberglass boat. Especially the rear where it's flat and is exposed to the sun all day. I had paint, or gelcoat fading going on so I used rubbing compound, and some Meguiars stuff and got it almost back to gloss. Put the 303 on it and haven't had any problems with it at all. Looks factory.

Recently bought some and used it on the hot tub cover a few weeks ago. I dunno, seems to have washed off already. I'll apply it a few more times to see if it starts working better. Hopefully it does, the stuff ain't cheap.

Originally Posted By: meangreen01
Recently bought some and used it on the hot tub cover a few weeks ago. I dunno, seems to have washed off already. I'll apply it a few more times to see if it starts working better. Hopefully it does, the stuff ain't cheap.

you need to be sure the surface is clean first. Otherwise you're just 303-ing the surface dirt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back