303 makes plastics brittle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Hope not... Need to be able to protect plastic and rubber somehow...

I have never used any trim/rubber protectant and have never seen any cracks or excessive wear.

It is a fact that plastic and rubber dry out and become brittle over time. Hopefully these products add some protection.

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
I use 303 as well. The irony of it, it looks like Armor All, smells like Armor All, and designed by the same person for formulated Armor All. Or so I was told. Don't mean to start something, but I have a bottle of Armor All and a bottle of 303 and (I know this doesn't mean anything) I see many similarities. I though about seeing if a lab would do an analysis.

Not sure if maybe it`s similar to the old classic Armor All (which was excellent stuff,just like the original Formula 2001 stuff),but now Armor All and the new Formula 2001(F21)is total garbage. They both changed their formulas(to cheapen the production costs maybe?)and it`s the most horrible stuff you can buy. Stick with 303.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I use 303 as well. The irony of it, it looks like Armor All, smells like Armor All, and designed by the same person for formulated Armor All. Or so I was told. Don't mean to start something, but I have a bottle of Armor All and a bottle of 303 and (I know this doesn't mean anything) I see many similarities. I though about seeing if a lab would do an analysis.

Not sure if maybe it`s similar to the old classic Armor All (which was excellent stuff,just like the original Formula 2001 stuff),but now Armor All and the new Formula 2001(F21)is total garbage. They both changed their formulas(to cheapen the production costs maybe?)and it`s the most horrible stuff you can buy. Stick with 303.

I don't know when Armor All changed. I wouldn't touch the stuff now as I've heard too much bad press but the dash on our 1982 BMW which is black and which is VERY prone to forming huge cracks (take a look at any 80's to early 90's BMW) is in perfect shape and had a diet of Armor All for most of its life.

Originally Posted By: cchase
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

I don't know when Armor All changed. I wouldn't touch the stuff now as I've heard too much bad press but the dash on our 1982 BMW which is black and which is VERY prone to forming huge cracks (take a look at any 80's to early 90's BMW) is in perfect shape and had a diet of Armor All for most of its life.

What do you use on it now? Got any pictures of that beauty?

Armor All and F21 are now this "New and Improved" weird thick non-drip formula stuff. The F21 is horrible! The Armor All isn`t hat bad,but it`s not what it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back