30 years clean & sober today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Life just keeps getting better
thumbsup2.gif

A tip of the hat to the friends of Bili W. here.

Well done, sir. Keep on keepin' on!

I was an alcoholic until the ripe old age of 32. My faith in Jesus Crist set me free. One day, I stopped. But it was only because of Him. If you PM me, I will share with you the entire story. Don't wanna get in trouble in the open forum.
27.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Agway
I was sober for 20+ years then fell off the wagon.Terrible mess I was in.lost many good friends including family Almost drank myself to death. My drinking was so bad I was in and out of detox 6 times in as many months. I have lost 3 toe's on my right foot because of my passing out in a snow bank. If not for my neighbor finding me I would have died right then and there. When I finally woke up in the hospital I was told I was [censored] lucky to be alive another 1/2 hour and I would have froze to death. Ended up going to rehab for 90 day,s now I visit rehabs on a monthly basis telling my story.

My sponsor said "It's alcoholISM , not alcoholWASM".
I keep going to meetings regularly because they said if I went back out it would get worse - I know I got another drunk in me but I don't think I got another recovery.
All the best.
Bob R.

Congratulations Papa Bear (and to all other friends of Bill here)! Thirty years is a great milestone. A bad experience with cheap red wine and a new white shag carpet when I was 17 left enough of an impression to keep me from drinking excessively ever since, but to support a loved one my wife and I quit our very occasional drinking, just over three years ago for me, and about two years ago for her. I don't miss it at all. I had a bottle of cider on our Minnesota bike trip in May 2016 - that was my last drink. (I would struggle to give up the accompanying Mexican food and hot sauce though!)

I have a life long good friend who just celebrated 38 years clean and sober. I tell him good I am glad you decided to do what was right.

Congratulations to Papabear and all who are fighting this fight!

Sure wish my now ex-son-in-law would see the light. He's super selfish, depressed, lost as a goose and won't admit his deep alcohol issues. His parents also are in this same horror as he is. Korean culture has this very ingrained in him sadly. He's even living at the rescue mission now and I don't have much hope for him unless he decides to change. He has the most amazing 3-year old daughter to live for and get better for but....

Choices have consequences and one does reap what they sow.

My deepest respects to all that battle to stay sober daily and just do what's right!

Alcoholism is a disease.
If you gave a cancer patient a few steps to follow and a few meetings to make, he/she would work them to perfection.
Yet you give a drunk the same option and most of us follow the bottle to the grave.
Most of my friends (and some family) are dead.
I am 32 years clean and sober. It is a gift and I don't mess with the gift.

Happy birthday Papa Bear. Keep coming back; it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back