30,000 miles AMSOIL 5w30 1993Taurus SHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ...but you're not factoring ANOTHER 30 quarts of oil. Whether he changed it or not (if I'm reading it correctly) ..he used 30 quarts of oil.

That is, change it 3x, 4x, 5x ..whatever you please ..then add 30 more quarts.

24k, btw, is about when a 4+1 quart sump is "mature" with something like a Motor Guard or Frantz TP filter. In the OP's case, he, like the MG or Frantz, was leaking 20% of the added oil with the original sump contents.

That's how long it takes.

He basically used about double what he had to if he'd fixed the leak. He would have done 3 annual oil changes that would have totalled 15 quarts. Let's assume just one quart of consumption per year, and he's at about $120 over 3 years in unnecessary costs. Check that, he used the EaO longer ..so knock off another $15+/-.

I'd still have fixed the leak.

Originally Posted By: dave123
With 30 fresh QT's you spent more on oil than the car is worth.
Dave remember because its Amsoil it is worth it.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
If I were a dealer on this forum I'd want to scream.

I usually have lazaro on my ignore list. So, he doesn't bug me. But if the expectation is that Gary and I control the guy, people can forget about that. I just don't have the time.

If he violates the forum rules, report him. What else can you do?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: BTLew81
If I were a dealer on this forum I'd want to scream.

I usually have lazaro on my ignore list. So, he doesn't bug me. But if the expectation is that Gary and I control the guy, people can forget about that. I just don't have the time.

If he violates the forum rules, report him. What else can you do?

Pabs,

I thought he was your minon.
grin2.gif

My mechanic charges $27 for an oil change. 6X27 equals $162 With it leaking you'd have to add a couple quarts. You'd be money ahead using the cheapest dino oil you could find and throwing a bottle of stop leak in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back