3 Pack of Pennzoil Synthetic Euro L 5W-30 5qt. for $43.29 ($2.89/qt) @ Amz

I mentioned SN+ and SP because they both have a LSPI test and SP contains the TGDI chain wear test. The euro certs I mentioned have a chain wear test performed on their own GTDI engines. I only know the tests exists but I'm not aware of how they compare to API. Seeing as the tests under SN+/SP are performed on a highly modified* TGDI engine it may be more stringent if not equally stringent.

*ex, modified rings which introduce excess soot into the crank case.
My thought is that ACEA A3/B4 and C3 tests have such a stringent high bar than any oil that can pass the ACEA tests could easily pass the API SP tests with flying colors. My thinking is: If a car doesn't burn any oil, then the high phosphorous / high zinc levels in ACEA A3/B4 can be a good choice. If a car consumes some oil, then the ACEA C3 with its lower phosphorous/zinc is a good choice to protect the catalytic converter.

But due to the lower cost, I am generally using the lowest cost full synthetic 5W-30 oils I can find with the Dexos 1 Gen 3 certification which is more stringent than API SP. My thinking is that any full synthetic is good enough for 10k OCI, but I prefer shorter OCI for my particular application.

My thought is that ACEA A3/B4 and C3 tests have such a stringent high bar than any oil that can pass the ACEA tests could easily pass the API SP tests with flying colors. My thinking is: If a car doesn't burn any oil, then the high phosphorous / high zinc levels in ACEA A3/B4 can be a good choice. If a car consumes some oil, then the ACEA C3 with its lower phosphorous/zinc is a good choice to protect the catalytic converter.

But due to the lower cost, I am generally using the lowest cost full synthetic 5W-30 oils I can find with the Dexos 1 Gen 3 certification which is more stringent than API SP. My thinking is that any full synthetic is good enough for 10k OCI, but I prefer shorter OCI for my particular application.
Did you know that the ACEA created two new categories which adopted the tests under SP? C6/A7 I believe.

Just ordered a case - $42.38 and showing a delivery date of Feb. 12th-28th. This stuff will be run in all 3 of our vehicles: '02 GC with the 4.7, '06 Kia Spectra 2.0, and my '12 Regal GS.

Well ordered a 3 pack. I am pretty well stocked up, so the later it arrives the better - maybe I can use up some I already have to make space.

I presume it will work fine in my 2011 Nissan that specs API SM Energy conserving :ROFLMAO:

Well ordered a 3 pack. I am pretty well stocked up, so the later it arrives the better - maybe I can use up some I already have to make space.

I presume it will work fine in my 2011 Nissan that specs API SM Energy conserving :ROFLMAO:
Which weight is called for in your Nissan? Also, which engine is it?
I would run this in my VQ35 without issues, but I prefer Full-Saps oils there for their higher Calcium and ZDDP packs.

Which weight is called for in your Nissan? Also, which engine is it?
I would run this in my VQ35 without issues, but I prefer Full-Saps oils there for their higher Calcium and ZDDP packs.
5w-30 / VQ40. I likley don't run long enough for SAPS to matter -5K or less OCI. Even that is mostly highway. People on this forum would likely buy my used oil and run it.

However I am confused by your response - I thought Euro oils were specifically designed for longer OCI?

Either way, it meets SN, which is supposed to meet SM, so technically it meets spec?

5w-30 / VQ40. I likley don't run long enough for SAPS to matter -5K or less OCI. Even that is mostly highway. People on this forum would likely buy my used oil and run it.

However I am confused by your response - I thought Euro oils were specifically designed for longer OCI?

Either way, it meets SN, which is supposed to meet SM, so technically it meets spec?
oil is fine. Nissan specd in some manuals of that vintage 3750/7500 mile service intervals for vehicles. I know some folks run 5w40, but this thicker 5w30 isnt bad at all

oil is fine. Nissan specd in some manuals of that vintage 3750/7500 mile service intervals for vehicles. I know some folks run 5w40, but this thicker 5w30 isnt bad at all
My next six pours will be 5w-40 Castrol Euro L I got even cheaper than this at walmart. So ya, maybe I won't want to go back to 5w-30, or maybe I will - who knows. I probably shouldn't buy more oil but this place has convinced me on the cheap oil drug.

My next six pours will be 5w-40 Castrol Euro L I got even cheaper than this at walmart. So ya, maybe I won't want to go back to 5w-30, or maybe I will - who knows. I probably shouldn't buy more oil but this place has convinced me on the cheap oil drug.
Im debating purchasing still. $2.89 a quart is above my budget, but i hear this is excellent oil.

A3/B4 oil is what I usually gravitate to in my VQ35 as it is very hard on oil, and it burns a good bit with my heavy foot. So with my engine and my driving, and with adding almost 2qts per OCI I can reach 7k miles at most on a good Euro oil like M1 0w40, Castrol 0w30 or 0w40.
I think the VQ40 is easier on oil and unless you are after a long OCI any thicker oil will be fine for 5-6k.

When I was back in Europe the spec for the VQ there (Murano) was 10w40 in the warmer climates.

What is the 5w40 you are referring to? Not sure I have seen a Castrol Euro L. I have some Edge 5w40 European (A3/B4) from WM. Is that it? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Castrol-...MIvJqMwriDhAMVHs7CBB0dqAj6EAQYASABEgIFa_D_BwE

Back