3 oz cartridge suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a small grease gun that uses the little 3 oz. tubes. I'm looking for suggestions on replacement cartridges. Here's my info:

- Practically all use is for lawnmower zerk fittings. Cartridges usually last for a year or more.
- Because of above, I don't have to reload the gun often. Therefore price isn't a huge issue.
- Biggest complaint with the Lubrimatic stuff I've bought in the past is the liquid that drips out of the gun. That grease is, I believe, some simple black lithium based grease.

I've been reading about guns and greases here but figured if I can get a good grease cartridge it'd be the most economical path seeing how little I use it.

Thanks in advance.

The best grease that is easily available in the 3oz size is Omni Waterproof Green Grease. It is a high temperature, extreme pressure, waterproof, lithium complex grease. It is easily available at Autozone in the 3oz cartridges.

I use it on everything including wheel bearings, chassis grease fittings, Lawnmower grease fittings, motorcycle bearings and pivots, ETC. Any place a thick, sticky, tenacious NGLI# 2 grease is required, green grease pretty much does it. Because it is so sticky, I also use it like a glue to temporarily hold little parts or gaskets together while I do the final assembly.

Thanks for the replies. It looks like both of those would be great and are similar (NLGI #2).

I found the Omni at my local NAPA for just $7.99 (3-3 oz tubes).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back