3/4 drive set

OK, you convinced me.

I bought one, too.

I just want to see what it is. What sizes it includes. I may keep it. I may give it away as a gift (son, brother, fellow gearhead, whatever) because I don’t need it.

I was going to get a set of Williams metric 3/4” sockets. It’s on my acquisition list. That’ll still happen... 😉

It came UPS second day air. Really nice set, can't expect it to have every mm step in sockets. Amozon has so much money they don't care about every dollar I guess. It weighs about as much and the case is the size of a floor jack. Apex tools makes it in Taiwan.
Good to know it's Taiwan, I was trying to find the coo.

OK, you convinced me.

I bought one, too.

I just want to see what it is. What sizes it includes. I may keep it. I may give it away as a gift (son, brother, fellow gearhead, whatever) because I don’t need it.

I was going to get a set of Williams metric 3/4” sockets. It’s on my acquisition list. That’ll still happen... 😉
I was looking at williams sockets in sae to go with this, that have a small set for $89 I think but it does not go to 2 inch.

I got my set today. I was unsure what to expect.

The quality looks superb. I cannot tell the quality of the internals but it feels solid. I counted 42 clicks to a full 360 revolution. The Chrome is really good.

The only clue why this is priced down would be, the short stubby 3/4 extension has some chrome blemish. Its slight and not on the ratchet , breaker bar or sockets. The other extension is fine as well. I will post pictures.

IMG_20210325_205503389.jpg
IMG_20210325_205757617.jpg
IMG_20210325_205807691.jpg
IMG_20210325_205818544.jpg
IMG_20210325_205942722.jpg

Short blemished extension.
IMG_20210325_205908460.jpg
IMG_20210325_205849054.jpg

I would curious to know if anyone else finds any blemish and if it's in the same place.
Either way it's minimal and this is a screaming deal.

Last edited:
Thank you member Nash for posting this deal.
You’re welcome. I don’t see any such blemishes but some very tiny nicks here and there on the sockets are chromed over. Just a few. I wouldn’t notice them if not looking. Maybe contact Crescent about replacing the short extension? I can’t find this set for sale retail and see discontinued on some sites. Some may say what is the use of it. Last time a few months ago I was removing the cam bolt on the Toyota, and the 1/2 breaker bar was flexing. Had a pipe on it. I had to throw all weight into as pull on it and throw caution to the wind. There was a loud crack when the bolt released. It’s only going back in at 54 ft lbs, the spec on it. My thoughts are a 3/4 handle will flex very little, and that puts more actual torque on the bolt in comparison to when a bar starts flexing. Not sure about that but think it’s correct. Definitely pleased with the set, ratchet has quick release and a knurled edge for hand turning. Quite a beast compared to half inch.

Back