3,000 Mile Oil Change

Anyone still perform 3,000 mile oil changes? Using synthetic blend or synthetic oil. The severe maintenance schedule in my owners manual requires 3,750 mile oil changes and normal service is 7,500 miles.
I have a performance built engine in my truck, that the builder recommended 3000 oci using VR1 or Diesel oil

I do my Subaru Crosstrek every 2,500 or 3k in winter as I drive a lot of short trips and fuel dilution/condensation is a problem no doubt, plus with cold winters I want my oil fresh and performing its best. In summer I change it anywhere from 3k to 5k but never the factory recommended 6k. Severe service is considered 3k on my vehicle, so I tend to do it around that mark.

Having switched from 0W20 to 5W30 in the 2.0 Boxer with only 19,500 miles on the clock, I intend to run this interval till 25,000 miles or when snow flies again - whichever comes first. My plan is to send in an oil analysis and see how it fared on Valvoline Advanced 5W30 over 5k miles in a mix of end-of-winter, spring, summer, and fall driving. Come winter again i'll move to the M1 AFE 0W30 I bought.

I suppose all that Toyota reliability comes at a cost, and Subaru is anyone's guess.
Anyway, the one on my MB is just a day (?) counter. Every 365 days I change my oil.
GM's were much better.

I do my Subaru Crosstrek every 2,500 or 3k in winter as I drive a lot of short trips and fuel dilution/condensation is a problem no doubt, plus with cold winters I want my oil fresh and performing its best. In summer I change it anywhere from 3k to 5k but never the factory recommended 6k. Severe service is considered 3k on my vehicle, so I tend to do it around that mark.

Having switched from 0W20 to 5W30 in the 2.0 Boxer with only 19,500 miles on the clock, I intend to run this interval till 25,000 miles or when snow flies again - whichever comes first. My plan is to send in an oil analysis and see how it fared on Valvoline Advanced 5W30 over 5k miles in a mix of end-of-winter, spring, summer, and fall driving. Come winter again i'll move to the M1 AFE 0W30 I bought.
I'm interested in that oil analysis

Since my suv have an oil life monitor set for 7,500 miles I use oil change stickers and change the oil every 3,750 miles.

im surprised at how common this is apparently... ive owned three brand new vehicles and none ever had a oil life monitor! 2016 Corolla, 2015 Tacoma, and 2021 Crosstrek, never had old life monitors.
The 2024 Crosstrek has one. Don't know when they started OLM for that model.

Back