2500HD service intervals

I know you could get them in 3/4 ton trim at least until 2017, but there were WAY too much money for being a gasser.

I know you could get them in 3/4 ton trim at least until 2017, but there were WAY too much money for being a gasser.
All relative I guess. A new optioned out Burb can get to $100 K and that’s just a 1/2 ton. I’m trying to get to 250,000 miles to convince myself it was worth my $48,000 in 2008. ;)

Last edited:
Off topic from OP, but I bought my 2013 LTZ from a doctor for about $16k several months ago. He was the original owner and he still had the dealer sticker, $74k I tthink,
Was going back and forth between an 08 2500 suburban an my 13 LTZ. They wanted $25k for the 2500 with similar miles. It was base model with front bench seating.

In hindsight, I should have bought the 2500. My LTZ has nuisance issues, had to replace driver seat height adjustment gear, power folding mirrors wony fold in, can't stream bluetooth music to radio (calls only) few other petty issues.
Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say.

This guy has a 2016 3/4 ton. This thread frustrates me. Which is rare for me. I have the EXACT truck minus 1 rear leaf spring sitting outside which I have swapped the pan out on. It requires nothing special, undo the bolts, drop the pan. The biggest problem is it is messy, part of the reason I purchased the PML deep pan was the drain plug, plus for towing it did make a difference in overall temp, heat up time and cool down time.
do you change the fluid and leave the filter sometimes? i assume that’s the point of the drain plug?

anyway, i ordered the stuff to do the transfer case. will poke around under there and see how it looks to do the diffs and transmission as well.

do you change the fluid and leave the filter sometimes? i assume that’s the point of the drain plug?

anyway, i ordered the stuff to do the transfer case. will poke around under there and see how it looks to do the diffs and transmission as well.
Not sure what your duty cycle is, but I changed mine at 32,000 along with the pan. I will drain and fill yearly as I tow often. I will change the filter at 77,000 miles when I do the fluid exchange buy disconnecting the cooler line and pumping out old fluid while I add fresh Dex VI.
Transfer case will take you 15 minutes if you are drinking...ask me how I know. :)

The pan? 384 dollars shipped. Worth every penny, best upgrade I have done to any truck I own.

All relative I guess. A new optioned out Burb can get to $100 K and that’s just a 1/2 ton. I’m trying to get to 250,000 miles to convince myself it was worth my $48,000 in 2008. ;)
That is about what they run here 100k is like 80,000 USD. Vehicle prices are stupid right now. The wife and I do alright. 150,000 a year for me, 75,000 for her and when I paid 36,500 for my truck I was sweating LOL.

Off topic from OP, but I bought my 2013 LTZ from a doctor for about $16k several months ago. He was the original owner and he still had the dealer sticker, $74k I tthink,
Was going back and forth between an 08 2500 suburban an my 13 LTZ. They wanted $25k for the 2500 with similar miles. It was base model with front bench seating.

In hindsight, I should have bought the 2500. My LTZ has nuisance issues, had to replace driver seat height adjustment gear, power folding mirrors wony fold in, can't stream bluetooth music to radio (calls only) few other petty issues.
Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say.
How many miles were on it?

Not sure what your duty cycle is, but I changed mine at 32,000 along with the pan. I will drain and fill yearly as I tow often. I will change the filter at 77,000 miles when I do the fluid exchange buy disconnecting the cooler line and pumping out old fluid while I add fresh Dex VI.
Transfer case will take you 15 minutes if you are drinking...ask me how I know. :)

The pan? 384 dollars shipped. Worth every penny, best upgrade I have done to any truck I own.
there are geo metros out there that do more towing than my truck. seriously, i just shuttle my own butt around in this thing. might pick up a travel trailer as youngest will be four this summer and then i’d start seriously thinking about my maintenance program. to date, just oil changes by the OLM with supertech/delco filters and one air filter.

there are geo metros out there that do more towing than my truck. seriously, i just shuttle my own butt around in this thing. might pick up a travel trailer as youngest will be four this summer and then i’d start seriously thinking about my maintenance program. to date, just oil changes by the OLM with supertech/delco filters and one air filter.
I would still do the transmission fluid, at least pan, change the filter and fill. The 6L90E is certainly not the 4L80E that was behind the old 6.0 in these trucks.

About 100k
Which isn't a lot, but it does have AFM so I would save up for a cam swap at some point. About 3500 bucks to get rid of it completely with a good aftermarket cam and dyno tune. 16K for that is good deal in the world of today's truck prices.

Nope plenty of room on the 3/4 ton and up trucks, I can't speak to your Suburban. I did the pan on mine as I sad above. The 6L80E in the 1/2 ton has the crossover in the way. Even the deep oil pan fits easily on mine. The 3/4 ton and up gasser are easy.
View attachment 46256
Here is the 6L80E. I have done two of these. It sucks.
View attachment 46259
I’m now going to agree that is doable in a 3/4 ton. From the bottom of the pan to the top of the exhaust was 2.75 inches enough to drop the pan and slide it out on my 2008 Suburban. The two wet marks is liquid wrench dripping on the exhaust. You are correct Mr. Mike. :)

56A4B144-8CE4-45B1-BDEF-D4C1B5DE3805.jpeg

Back