235 45R18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for tires for a Ford Fusion. Mixed driving in Missouri weather so we see all 4 seasons and heavy rain at times. Here are the options I'm looking at:

Continental Pure Contact. 70k treadwear warranty. Made in USA. Great reviews especially for wet and dry handling. My personal experience with Continental tires leads me to assume it would be a quiet, great handling tire but that lasting 60-70k miles is probably optimistic. $140 mail in rebate until June 30. $665 before rebate.

Pirelli P7 Cinturato. 70k treadwear warranty. Made in Mexico. Good reviews. Very little personal experience with pirelli. Their truck tires don't last from what I see but that does not mean they can't build a long lasting car tire. $140 mail in rebate until June 30. $525 before rebate.

Kelly Edge Hp. 45k treadwear rating. Made in USA. Newer design limited reviews. Personal experience with Kelly tires has been that they perform well but are not long lasting. 40k seems realistic though and if the other two tires could not reach their mileage ratings these would be the way to go. $400 no available rebates.

Any experiences with these tire models?

Last edited:
Negative with the Pirellis. Fast wearing, not balancing out. But in a 15 inch size.

Pirelli P7 hands down, my favorite tire of all time. Smooth as glass, quite, and great handling.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Negative with the Pirellis. Fast wearing, not balancing out. But in a 15 inch size.

Were they the P7 cinturato?

p7 on the camry. Gotta say they are good tires.

I didn't pick them, the toyota dealership gave me the set for free when i bought the camry used. LOL

I would have never tried them because I'm not a fan of the brand. Been a Kumho/yoko fan myself.

Last edited:
If I could offer a few alternate suggestions they would be the Conti Extreme Contacts (a friend is very happy with those on a 3 series), the Hankook S1 Noble 2 (those have been good on one of my girls' cars (I think they ride a little hard but, hey, I'm old. BThey handle really well wet or dry). For my use though I gotta say I am still pleased with the General Altimax tires on the SE-R. Good ride, good wet, price is right. Good luck!

Those tires are probably ok

If snow performance is of high importance, consider the Vredestein Quatrac 5 (made in Holland). Otherwise, here are some other good tires to look at:
Dunlop Signature HP (USA)
Yokohama Advan Sport AS (Japan)
Falken Ziex ZE950 (Thailand)

And if you're near a DT, or if you buy from DTD, wait until the end of the month for the memorial day sale, which will incldue an additional rebate on top of the ones already available
smile.gif

some of my favorite tires have been pirelli's(p7 cinturato's on my old y2k sonata, P4's on my 05 neon, and the P6's that were the OE tires on my sable) all handled whatever elements nature or I threw at them with ease.
any tire search started with pirelli's, and often ended with them as well.

then about 2 years ago, they sold the company to a Chinese chemical company, and I will never buy them again.

when it came time to replace the P6's, I ended up buying Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring's.
Cooper is a local company to me(HQ is about 45 min away), my tires were made in...i can never remember if it was AL, or TN, and i bought them from a locally owned independent tire shop.

and of top of that they've been fantastic tires.

they were $138/ea, $593.63 out the door. with a $70 MIR at that time(late Mar. 2016)

Quote:
any tire search started with pirelli's, and often ended with them as well.

I agree. For me it's either Pirelli or Yokohama tires for the cost / quality / performance / value and tire life.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Pirelli P7 hands down, my favorite tire of all time. Smooth as glass, quite, and great handling.

+1...except mine are quiet.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: cb_13
Kelly Edge Hp. 45k treadwear rating. Made in USA. Newer design limited reviews. Personal experience with Kelly tires has been that they perform well but are not long lasting. 40k seems realistic though and if the other two tires could not reach their mileage ratings these would be the way to go. $400 no available rebates.

Any experiences with these tire models?

I had a full set of Kelly Explorer Plus in 215/60R16 and got over 50K miles out of it. A belt snapped on one of the tires so I replaced the whole set. Overall, it was a good tire. I currently have a pair of 205/55R16 Edge A/S tires which is more of a touring than UHP tire. They are wearing evenly but way too fast comparing to Explorer+. After 17K miles I'm down to 6/32nds. It could be the size and/or vehicle though - e.g. you may have a different experience. Noise level, ride comfort, grip in colder weather have all been pretty good. Like you mentioned, I don't believe Goodyear ever offers rebates for the Kelly branded tires which makes them less of a deal when compared to some better options out there during big sales events like DT Memorial Day sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back