23 Equinox AWD, 1.5 liter, Mobil1 0W-30 AFE, 5,400 miles

Attached is a UOA of the Equinox I just sold. Miles were put on almost entirely on a 5 day (2 days down and 2 days back) round trip from central Michigan to Phoenix AZ. Oil used was Mobil1 0W-30 AFE and 1/2 quart of Mobil1 EP 0W-20 just to get it to the full mark. I know the owners manual recommends 0W-20 but that's what I had at the time.

Enjoy!

equinox.jpg

Attached is a UOA of the Equinox I just sold. Miles were put on almost entirely on a 5 day (2 days down and 2 days back) round trip from central Michigan to Phoenix AZ. Oil used was Mobil1 0W-30 AFE and 1/2 quart of Mobil1 EP 0W-20 just to get it to the full mark. I know the owners manual recommends 0W-20 but that's what I had at the time.

Enjoy!

View attachment 221349
Nice report! If you don’t mind me asking, why did you sell such a new car?

Nice report! If you don’t mind me asking, why did you sell such a new car?
The Equinox just wasn't working out for me. I really need a truck. Hunting trips out west pulling trailers etc.. Since I have a GM employee discount I didn't lose any money in the switch.

I still have a supply of 0W20 D1G3 oil I bought for our Equinox so no change soon but I was thinking I may just consolidate and run 5W30 in it after the 20wt is gone. Our 1.4L in the Cruze called for 5W30 and it was a very similar engine to the 1.5
Your viscosity was on the low end of the range with the 30W.

Americanized GTL 0w30s sure aren't as robust overall, as the Euro 0w30s. Vey little dilution noted and it still finished pretty darn thin for a Mobil-1.
But hey, that's the trend nowadays with SP.

Americanized GTL 0w30s sure aren't as robust overall, as the Euro 0w30s. Vey little dilution noted and it still finished pretty darn thin for a Mobil-1.
But hey, that's the trend nowadays with SP.
Look at the post. I did put a 1/2 quart of 0W-20 in to top it off. That's probably why it's thinner than normal.

Back