.22 LR @ Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: funflyer
Was in Peoria this weekend and scored ten boxes of 9 mil Perfecta at the WM on Union Hills/83rd.f

I used to play that game but bought my last 6000 rounds online. Free shipping no tax and insurance = $3.50/1000rounds WMart can [removed].

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Al
Was in Peoria this weekend and scored ten boxes of 9 mil Perfecta at the WM on Union Hills/83rd.f

I used to play that game but bought my last 6000 rounds online. Free shipping no tax and insurance = $3.50/1000rounds WMart can [removed].

Do tell where you found that deal!

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

Do tell where you found that deal!

LOL..yea the cost is usually $218+ (including insurance). Would be quite a deal.
smile.gif

We'll see if the cost goes up wed.
wink.gif

What was $3.50/1000 rounds for ... just the insurance? Nobody in their right mind is selling .22LR ammo at $3.50 for 1000 rounds. If so, I'd like to know the reason.
grin.gif

My local Wal-Mart is at Camelback and the 101. Between my wife and I we go there several times a week. Neither of us has seen ANY .22 ammunition on the shelves there in over 2 years. And she like to go there early. No one standing waiting for it, and none on the shelves... Ever. Both Cabela's just up the road, and the new Sportsman's Warehouse on McDowell just west of 99th Ave. have it all the time. Wal-Mart is not receiving anywhere near the amount of .22 ammunition the other big box sporting goods retailers are.

Here`s what you all need to do. Go into Walmart and pick out the most expensive .22 rifle in the case and tell the clerk you want to buy it along with a few boxes of CCI mini mags. When he tells you they have no CCI Mini Mags just tell him you lost a sale then and be sure he lets the higher ups know too. If enough people did that I bet you would start seeing .22 ammo on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Here`s what you all need to do. Go into Walmart and pick out the most expensive .22 rifle in the case and tell the clerk you want to buy it along with a few boxes of CCI mini mags. When he tells you they have no CCI Mini Mags just tell him you lost a sale then and be sure he lets the higher ups know too. If enough people did that I bet you would start seeing .22 ammo on the shelf.

No guns at our Walmarts.
Again..why worry when other places have it and its cheaper online?

Last edited:

This will have zero effect because of Wal-Mart's "Meh" attitude toward gun sales in general. They've already caved to liberal political pressure to stop selling guns in many locations. Handguns in ALL locations. They most likely view not being able to purchase ammunition for your new gun, as politically correct to begin with.

buy a good pellet rifle with interchangeable .177 and .22 caliber barrels, they are a blast to shoot and it will help pass the time while this hoarding/shortage(what ever it is)blows over.

Last edited:

Yeah because the clerk that makes $8.30/hour really cares and has control over complex things such as ammo allocation, pricing and distribution.

OF COURSE Wal-Mart cant get as much as the other big box retailers. There business model is to beat up manufactures on pricing. In this market, the ammo companies are telling Wal-Mart to pound sand and just sending the ammo to other retailers that know how to respectfully negotiate pricing.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
OF COURSE Wal-Mart cant get as much as the other big box retailers. There business model is to beat up manufactures on pricing. In this market, the ammo companies are telling Wal-Mart to pound sand and just sending the ammo to other retailers that know how to respectfully negotiate pricing.
I agree. All of the major sporting goods stores here have loads (no pun intended) of .22 ammo of all different types and from different manufacturers. Three different WMs have 5 to 10 boxes each so I do not see this as an availability issue--it is something else. Academy, ****'s, Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, Carter's Country, and Gander Mountain have tens of thousands of rounds on the shelf and it is priced within a dollar or two of WMs pricing.

This coming November 19th Cabela's is selling 325 round cartons of Federal High Velocity for just $17.99 with no limit. They'll have a pallet of it in the isle. That comes to only 5-1/2 cents a round. Better than the cheapest Wal-Mart .22 that they never have.

We can only hope that after last night all the Neckbeards will ease up a bit and the shelves will fill up again.
cheers3.gif

Here's a Walmart Neckbeard heading to the ammo department.
eek.gif

fb8.jpg

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: John_Conrad
Is Cabela's keeping their name? i thought bass pro bought them out.

They did. That doesn't mean they have to change anything.

true, but there is always speculation with those things. people always fear the worst and for good reason, i've seen it many times where i have worked. another company buys your company out, all is good for a while, then bamm! layoffs, changes and sometimes closures of unprofitable stores.

http://www.omaha.com/money/prospect-of-c...42bbd9d56e.html

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
We can only hope that after last night all the Neckbeards will ease up a bit and the shelves will fill up again.
cheers3.gif

eek.gif

fb8.jpg

lol

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
cheers3.gif

eek.gif

fb8.jpg

Yep, that's the type that buy ammo but don't own a weapon. They also keep 55 gallon drums of oatmeal in the basement.

[Yep, that's the type that buy ammo but don't own a weapon. They also keep 55 gallon drums of oatmeal in the basement.

Wait!! Whats wrong with keeping 55 gallon drums of oatmeal in the basement??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back